Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wheel poke part 2

Rides

wheel poke part 2

well, following this thread

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...gal&highlight=

i received a court summons . So i wanted to go in as prepped as possible and was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction in order to fight my case.
    these are the facts of the case

so the bumper is held on by 5 bolts, and because someone hit me there were a further 2 cable ties which were visible.

The coilovers are hsds and are fully adjustable.

So how should I approach this one? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by user23456; 03-06-2013 at 21:37.

Rides
    to me that reads like you've only been charged with the number plate. if thats the case take it as it looks like you are gonna get shafted if you push this on

Rides
    I read it the same : Offence is in bold and the statement / evidence / proof of that offence is detailed more in the part below.

Myself id just pay the £85 and be done with it and learn from it

Rides
    Indeed. Plate. Pay it. Its 85quid. Hardly worth the hassel. Not points or anything.

If the police took bribes to leave me alone id pay em.....

Rides
    Yup offence is top in bold.

You stated in the first post of your last thread that you already knew your plate was illegal.

So fight it if you want BUT you will loose.

Also not a single mention of poke in that statement of fact ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    the offence is the same as the statement of facts, just couldnt be bothered to scan 2 pages ill scan the other page and add it to the top. gimme 2 mins

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by user23456 View Post
    the offence is the same as the statement of facts, just couldnt be bothered to scan 2 pages ill scan the other page and add it to the top. gimme 2 mins
    If u pay the 85quid do you get off with no points? Or do they want to give you points?

If its points take it to court. His statment of facts would get ripped apart.

Rides
    sorry for the ghetto random sized scans, but as you can see the first 'offence' carries penalty points.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    If u pay the 85quid do you get off with no points? Or do they want to give you points?

If its points take it to court. His statment of facts would get ripped apart.
    they want to give me points, thats why i need some facts i can go in to court armed with

Rides
    plead guilty to the plate. plead not guilty to the rest. take mot certificate, go to a garage and ask them to inspect the car for dangerous faults and write a report to the court. Take pictures. Did the police take pictures at the time?

You sound like you are getting the shaft for something major here?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by user23456 View Post
    sorry for the ghetto random sized scans, but as you can see the first 'offence' carries penalty points.
    Take it to court.

How did he test ur dampers? What at the road side? Do you have coilovers or springs n shocks?

Did he measure ur plate or just look n said its illegal?

Does he even know the make/size of the tyre you had fitted and what size ur rim is?

Bumpers have to be securely fixedwith no sharp edges. Check with an mot station if cable ties count as secure. If you have sharp edges its a danger to pedestrians. Did he take pictures of this?

Tyres rubbing presenting a fire risk. Again did he take pictures? Do they rub? ( Rubbings for ****ers btw )

Ive been to court a couple times for worse than what u got up there. I have no points ever.

Dont be scared by a lot of the stuff they spout. Pretty certain u could pick enough holes in his statement for the judge to throw it out.

Rides
    What evidence do they have that the bumper was only held on with tie wraps only.?
    what evidence do you have that it was held on with bolts and tie wraps for extra ?
    what evidence does the coppers have that the dampness do not work?
    what evidence do they have that the wheels were still rubbing?
    numberplate is gonna be a slap in the face.

Rides
    As there is points attached I'd definitely fight it, the narky copper went to town on you and I'd contest it, you can ask for the copper to turn up and attend court
    That's what I'd go for, I did this for a speeding ticket once and got off as he didn't turn up and the evidence was not anymore than his own speedo reading

If your armed with an mot testers report and put up an educated argument the court won't be able to make any of that stick

Rides
    Do they employ an 8-year old to write their summons? That's embarrassingly poor.

Rides
    he didnt test the dampers at all, the car was slightly low - nothing extreme (no arch gap present)
    He didnt measure the plate, but it is a bike plate and It is smaller that usual
    He didnt inspect the tyre or rim sizes, He just assumed it was all wrong because the tyres are slightly streched.
    There are no sharp edges on the bumper, and Im not sure about the ties being a mot fail, but i will check this.
    The tyres do not present a fire risk as I doubt they would reach the 260 - 312 degrees needed to do so. They used to rub when the car was much lower, but since it has been wraised and the camber adjusted, they do not catch the arch at all

Rides
    What evidence do they have that the bumper was only held on with tie wraps only.?

none as he did not take photos of the underside of the car

what evidence do you have that it was held on with bolts and tie wraps for extra ?

I can always take photos of this and take them along to court with me

what evidence does the coppers have that the dampness do not work?

none, Im hoping the driftworks website has info on the hsds stating they are fully adjustable plus i still have the receipt and they are less than 9 months old, and the car has been off the road for 6

what evidence do they have that the wheels were still rubbing?

nothing solid, just visuals.

Rides
    Id say take the wrath for the plate, should only be a fine.

Are the sidewalls of the tyres damaged, they might be able to fine you for this.

Contest everything else, like others have previously said, they have no true evidence. Chances are once you go to court no one will care because they got bigger fish to fry( I hope ) and will drop the case.

Rides
    For the tyres, if you fall within the manufacturer specification for tyre size and wheel width there is nothing they can do on that front as that is the manufacturer backing their tyre to say it is safe to use on that size wheel.

Otherwise, pray they don't measure everything.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    For the tyres, if you fall within the manufacturer specification for tyre size and wheel width there is nothing they can do on that front as that is the manufacturer backing their tyre to say it is safe to use on that size wheel.

Otherwise, pray they don't measure everything.
    the rim manufacturer spec or the actual tyre spec??

and where can i find this information? also I was to believe that all tyre sizes were all manufacturer recommendations? so thaat could be anything

Rides
    Good read, made me smile. Honestly as a drifter I have driven home in more questionable situations but luckily never questioned with my bodged jobs to meet street standards. Good luck with the case. I had to rip off my german plates one time but lucked out, didn't get fined or point loss. I'd bring some one that can provide scientific info on your car set up with them tyres. Sad to say ole bill will learn that tyre will delaminate or pop before it catches on fire. And to think I get my tickets for stupid stuff like bus lanes lol. What an experience, let us know how it all ends up.