Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red S14 time to do it right!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOldGit View Post
    Apologies for the hijack but I can't help looking at this thread without wondering what you're going to do with your existing rear bumper, hint, hint
    Is that you saying you would like it??? If I'm honest I hadn't even thought about it. I guess it will be available but not yet so depends how desperate you are bud.

Rides
    So time for an update...
    My Friday evening after work started with having some munch but very quickly moved on to the car. Tonight's mission was to get the front arches rolled properly with the roller and get the wheels on, well its done and tools are packed away already.
    I started with the drivers side, I removed the plastic liners and found a little patch of rust but this doesn't bother me as the car has very little. Before I wax the arches I will cut it out and plate her up so no biggy.
    Once the lip had been heated and I started to roll the arch I quickly noticed the loom was catching on the roller so I unclipped it and pulled it right out of the way.

End result is pretty good, the arch lip is now flat which was the aim as I don't want any pull.
    So from an arch like this...

To an arch something like this...

Now that was done I bolted the front spacers on.

And then the Enkei's came out to play.

Please ignore the ride height it is coming down don't worry!
    I need to tuck the loom on the drivers side before waxing etc, I have seen two ways of doing what do you guys recommend? I like the idea of moving the grommet from the arch to the side but what's the best way of cutting the new hole (I would want the hole to look as standard as possible).
    Last edited by Big Dubs; 13-06-2014 at 21:23.

Rides
    I need to borrow your roller!

Rides
    So father's day morning I spent doing the rear arches. It was a completely different ball game to the fronts due to the arch shape but all done now!
    Bolted the enkei's up and measured up for the spacer.

Spacers have been ordered for some poke, next job is to remove the front wing and tuck/move the loom but still not sure on the best route to take!

Rides
    If your gonna go real low I wouldn't just pull the loom up I rubbed through mine after just pulling it up and out the way, I recently unplugged it from the fuse box and re routed through a new hole I have a few pics if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlifesx View Post
    If your gonna go real low I wouldn't just pull the loom up I rubbed through mine after just pulling it up and out the way, I recently unplugged it from the fuse box and re routed through a new hole I have a few pics if that helps
    That would be awesome mate if you have, I was thinking about moving the grommet but not sure on the best way to cut the new hole I want it to be neat and water tight.
    If you could pm the pics I would appreciate it! :-)

Rides
    Pmd you mate with a few pics for the loom relocation

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlifesx View Post
    Pmd you mate with a few pics for the loom relocation
    The only response I have to this is leg end, that pm will be very helpful!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dubs View Post
    The only response I have to this is leg end, that pm will be very helpful!
    No worries bud I will check on your thread to check your updates

Rides
    So the spacers turned up yesterday but was out for dinner with the rents so couldn't bolt them on. I stupidly took on a man vs food type burger challenge and I only went and completed it ha ha. The plate consisted of a double portion of chips, a portion of onion rings and a burger. Now I say burger but this thing contained 2 x 12oz burgers, 2 x chicken burgers, chilli con carne, cheese, onions, and bacon all wrapped in a huge bun. Yes I'm an F B ha ha

So after not being able to move last night I decided to crack on with the spacers as soon as I got in from work. They seem to be real good quality and fitted straight on.
    Before

After

Once dropped this should look awesome and sit smack on the arch once the camber and toe is dialled in.
    Also after a few PM's with 'Lowlifesx' about the loom placement I had the hole cutter turn up today. Over the weekend I will be starting this, getting the old grommet hole welded up and cleaning the coilovers up so they are all free ready for the drop.

Rides
    Almost forgot had these turn up today also.

Red mishimoto rad hoses to marry up to the japspeed black alloy rad I have sat in the garage. Just another job on the list.

Rides
    So been a busy boy with the loom tuck, its still ongoing but if its worth doing its worth doing right. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
    Removed the wing and started removing the loom.

Next up was removing the rear wiper was he pipe and moving the bonnet cable so its up and out of the way.

Then put holes in her side

Plated up the hole.

Then fixed the rust in the inner arch

Then tonight sealed everything.

Now the other arches will follow with underseal and the coilovers have seen been days so will be blasted and painted so I can get her low

Rides
    One thing I also learned is waxoil is craaaaaaap!!!! Used thinners to remove it from the wing rail I then put some the same as I used underneath when I did the clutch

Rides
    A fair bit has happened so time for an update.
    So finished the loom and bonnet cable tuck, took longer than originally thought but its worth doing right

Then moved to the other arches, they were all cleaned and sealed in just the same way as the front drivers side.

Then this happened...

The front sat a little high so over the couple of nights that followed I got this sorted.
    Tonight I gave the car a hoover, wiped and cleaned the dash etc and then gave her a wash. It had been a while!
    Thought I would get some photos of her on the drive at the new ride height.

I managed to pick up some Navan skirts last Friday so need to get those painted and on.

Rides
    This has been far too long! I've been crazy busy trying to launch my own company, finally had five minutes to get a bit done to the car.

So as I said in the last post I managed to pick some navan skirts. Well today I rubbed them down and sprayed them up. For a make shift outdoor spray job they came up pretty well once I got the spray gun set up. I'll let the pics do the talking!

Shiny!

In a week or two they will have a final flat and polish.

Rides
    6 months and no update, crazy!!

I started my own company in the beginning of October so mine went on the back burner as unlike my customers vehicles this doesn't pay my bills.

My finger is now out and much to my partners upset my spare time is being spent on the zenki.

I will update the thread with progress up till now at the weekend as a few things have happened in the last 6 months but massive plans are going to be taking shape over the next couple of montha, so keep eyes peeled.

Rides
    So after the delay, what's 6 months between friends hey I finally have a proper update.
    I'll start with a pic of how she sits now.

As you can see the 18" enkei's have gone and been replaced with some 17" gtr wheels which I had freshly powder coated in white.

This was the day they came back from my coaters, with the new business I now use them for all mine and customers powder coating. They do a wicked job! Enough of the cheap plugs though.

The car now has s15 seats and an apexi power fc d jetro ecu. After a few issues with initial setup and placing the inlet temp sensor it was running a base map. No more mafs for me!!

The handy use of magnets to hold the commander in place nice and neat.

Inlet temp sensor drilled and tapped.

I also built my own exhaust for the car as I wanted to keep it as high as possible from the floor as the car runs pretty low.

As you can see only a v band join in the whole system to try and keep it high. I used the Invidia back box but I cut the tip straight as I'm not a fan of the slash cut look.

I have removed the spoiler and temporarily taped over until I weld and spry the boot lid. In the bay there is now an ally rad and red silicone rad hoses.

Had a bit of time on the car today so got to pulling large amounts from the bay ready for the next big step of fitting the holset hy35 turbo that has been sat in the wardrobe for far too long!

So much crap can be gotten rid of, my garage now looks like this.

Carbon canister, abs Inc pump, a\c, egr valve not just block off, airbox and lots of wiring all on the floor.

Nice plate to get rid of the egr at the back of the manifold.

Fitted a boost gauge to the pillar which was robbed from my company stock but dont tell the boss!

I have purchased a greddy intercooler from a member on here so waiting for that to arrive from Lithuania, almost went heap Chinese eBay kit but nice to have bog branded items and was the right money so its all good.

The list of stuff to do is long but its nice to be back on it again when I can! Holset turbo install, respray and import navan bumpers are some of the big changes coming though.
    The aim is close to 400bhp and a nice clean usable car.

Any comments or thoughts on the plans feel free to put your pennies in I always like to hear ideas in case there are things I haven't thought about

Hopefully won't be long before the next update.

Rides
    Paint now ordered for respray. Ordered some gloss black at the same time for spraying my replacement rear subframe and rocker cover.
    Preppe the rocker ready for paint to arrive.
    Next on the list is to order the 3" v band for modifying the turbo outlet.

More to come.

Rides
    So I've had a bit of time on the car over the last week. I continued on with the bay strip down removing more unwanted parts like the a/c rad. I have been thinking I'm probably going to pull the engine so the bay can be sprayed properly. The plan was always to paint it but was going to spray around the engine. I ordered enough paint to cover the bay as well so that is a bonus.

So the bay now looks like this.

I also did a bit to a rocker I had ready for when it goes back in. Turns out I can paint so thats a bonus.

Happy with that finish! No orange peel straight from the gun. Chuffed

As always any thoughts or questions are always welcomed. Any input valued.

More to come.

Rides
    Interesting to see what's gone on in the past with the car that is now mine

The car being stripped down completely for parts explains the big box of bolts I have haha. Currently no issues with the car, all good so far!

Last edited by matas; 27-07-2016 at 00:58.