Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Polofours s14a

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    im surprised you didn't just get your stands laser cut. what size holes did you cut for the wheel bolts?

I made my 'setup' poles (the ones that go at the front and rear that the string connects too) so that the fitted onto the car.
    Errrr... Because I don't have a laser cutter or water jet also if it costs more than the price of a packet of biscuits it doesn't get done.biscuits are a legal currency where I work.

I drilled 12.1 mm holes on a press as the wheels studs are M12, this is more than likely where the error has come in. I'm not a machinist or fabricator and while I do have 14 years aviation engineering experience I have learned a lot over the course of this build, every day is a school day buddy

My poles will fit to the car too, however I'm holding off until I actually have front and rear bumpers fitted, bending up the support straps before then is pointless as I am sure you know.

The way I see it is all this work going in will pay off in the long run when it all suddenly comes together. Until then it will just be more random bits in my garage. Much to my wife's annoyance.

Rides
    think I would prefer to blast the holes out with a 13mm drill bit and then tickle them with the countersink bit rather that try to file them to fit. I had drama's like this on some old weller wheels I redrilled for a mate.

im impressed by your fuel tank, fuel slosh has always been a concern of mine and your baffle setup looks spot on.

Rides
    didn't get anything done over Christmas. 15 weeks more and I will be at home in the evenings again! expect some progress then.

sorry for the nothing post

Rides
    right,

its been a while aaaaaaand I've done nothing at all on the car except move it a hundred miles and turn it ninety degrees my new house has a tiny garage so I cant even get round the car to work on it. its lucky I have the jig otherwise I wouldn't even be able to store the car in the garage at all!!

its been a 4 year job so far and work is only getting busier so nothing will be done in the next two years.

I am going to sell the car. its a rolling shell that's had all of the rust cut out, those who have followed or read my thread will know how much work and time I have put into the car. It's currently sitting on full DW geo-masters and arms with new bearings all round and 18x10 GTR-D rims. the car will come with every part I can find in my garage off the top of my head this includes:

side skirts
    rear spats
    rear overfenders
    2 sets of rear lights
    2 sets of clocks
    1 set front headlights
    14 extra various wheels and tyres
    spare rear subframe
    2 sets of clocks
    some interior bits - it needs pretty much a whole interior
    any other Nissan bits I can find in the garage.

I am messaging a few friends who may be interested in the car first but if they say no I will drag it out take some pictures and post an advert.

anyone who is interested can PM me. want it gone as a job lot, buyer must collect so you will need a trailer. ITS A ROLLING SHELL, DONT ASK ME TO SELL YOU THE ENGINE 'COS I DONT HAVE ONE

price will be available on asking, I don't know if I am selling the jig yet. make me a sensible offer and we will see.