Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Kuro Black Nissan 200sx S14a

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post
    This is incredible, sits perfect and nicely styled.

Good job man
    Thanks mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstatus View Post
    Well done man. Headlights do look good.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Cheers!

Rides
    Fitted my Mishimoto ally rad at the weekend along with some Roose Motorsport coolant hoses!

Rad was fairly straight forward and was all but a straight swap which was nice!

Rides
    Where's your cooling panel from and is it a good fit?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rich damms View Post
    Where's your cooling panel from and is it a good fit?
    I think it's an EPRacing one from what i can remember. Bought it threw there eBay shop. Yeah it's a good fit, but that's not without an hour or so of fiddling with it to achieve a nice fit.

Rides
    Right time for a quick update seeing as the cars starting to come together now!

Around July/August time last year I put in an order with Driftworks for my new wheels! Fast forward to November last year and I had a nice delivery waiting for me when I got home .

So what do we have in the boxes? VS-XX's of course . The wheel specs ive gone for are 18x9.5 ET2 R Disk for the fronts. And 18x12 Et-5 O Disk rears!

Coincidently the day after they arrived I had a day off work booked so I thought it would be rude not to trial fit them and give myself an idea what the fitted like.

Over Christmas I got all 4 wheels coated in 2 coats of Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels to keep them protected as best as possible

Also I've gone for the WeAreLikewise lugs and spikes to finish the wheels off (I'm aware these will be abit marmite but I love them!)

The car was dew for alignment dew to me messing around with the ride height and camber, last time I went for alignment they mentioned the front steering arms could do with replacing so of course i saw it as an opportunity for an upgrade!

New Tein steering arms and Hardrace anti bump steer track rod ends!

When fitting the anti bump steer rod ends they advise you to fit taller ball joints so the lower arm and steering arm maintains the same angle. So I bought a pair of second hand lower arms and refurbed them. And a mate pressed in a pair of Hardrace taller balljoints and Powerflex polybushes!

And fitted!

We also fitted a pair of Japspeed RLCA's that I've had kicking around for a long while! These things are awesome for neutralising unwanted camber by pulling the wheel in from the bottom.

Excuse the RARB drop links I need to take them off and give them an overhaul and wind them up further.

Went for an alignment. So happy with the adjustability the japspeed lower arms give.

Front :
    -3.3 Camber
    0 Toe
    7.5 Castor

Rear :
    -2.5 Camber
    0 Toe

Much happier with the rear camber now as before I couldn't get it any better than -3.5 I think, dew to clearance.

A couple months ago a guy popped up on here from Thailand selling a set of genuine Ganador mirrors wich is something I've been after for a long while. Snapped them up straight away

Also in December last year I ordered a DMAX bonnet threw TorqueGT! The guys at Torque where ridiculously helpful and patient fetching me different prices and so on. 1st week in January I popped out to see them and picked the bonnet up

Last edited by NathanR; 06-02-2017 at 11:40.

Rides
    Last weekend I set about trial fitting the bonnet and cutting in Aerocatches! Covered up the bay to stop it getting filled with fiber glass dust.

I've now dropped the Bonnet, front bumper, front grille, ganadors and petrol flap for paint. The front bumper is having the canards smoothed off and the front grille is having the centre slat cut out and smoothed .

Rides
    This weekend I went and had the tyres fitted to the Works. Due to being messed around with being sent the wrong tyres I've gone with the Asymetric 3 version of the Eagle F1s I normally run. The tyre fitters struggled with the rears to start with but soon got them on!

225/40/18 front
    265/35/18 rear

Today I set about trial fitting them with the tyres on and seeing if i needed to use any spacers to perfect the fitment!

Gone with a 3mm spacer up front making the fronts Et-1 just to tighten the fitment abit more. Really happy with how they sit though .

Due to pick up all my parts from paint next Saturday so I'll be fitting that lot next weekend with a couple other bits, then I'm aiming to fit the Works first weekend in march once the weathers abit better
    Last edited by NathanR; 05-02-2017 at 20:50.

Rides
    Nice wheels mate, was a long wait from order until they were delivered, are they made to order?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    Nice wheels mate, was a long wait from order until they were delivered, are they made to order?
    Thanks dude! Yeah the wheels are made to order, mainly down to the sizes. Driftworks stock a lot of Work wheels on the shelf but some stuff is made to order due to the requirements. Things like these and jays meisters are all "bespoke" as such due to ordering specific widths, offsets and disk sizes
    Last edited by NathanR; 05-02-2017 at 20:52.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanR View Post
    Thanks dude! Yeah the wheels are made to order, mainly down to the sizes. Driftworks stock a lot of Work wheels on the shelf but some stuff is made to order dew to the requirements. Things like these and jays meisters are all "bespoke" as such dew to ordering specific widths, offsets and disk sizes
    Ah right that makes sense, they are very nice and dishy. I do have a soft spot for vs-xx's, you must be made up with the result, & looking forward to seeing it all back together now.

Rides
    looks ok i suppose

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Is the bonnet carbon? If so I'm surprised you're painting it.

As said elsewhere mate the wheels look great, not sure if these or Meisters are my favourite now.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    Ah right that makes sense, they are very nice and dishy. I do have a soft spot for vs-xx's, you must be made up with the result, & looking forward to seeing it all back together now.
    Yeah very excited mate, it's been a long time coming as it's nearly where I've always wanted it!

Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    looks ok i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Is the bonnet carbon? If so I'm surprised you're painting it.

As said elsewhere mate the wheels look great, not sure if these or Meisters are my favourite now.
    No mate it's fiber glass, just black gel coat as opposed to the normal white stuff! Thanks buddy VS-XXs have always been a personal favourite. Meisters are beautiful though!

Rides
    Just wandered onto this thread whilst bored at work. Wasn't expecting this, Looks awesome. I'm inspired to sort mine now. Good work!

Rides
    That does look good!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JulesS14200 View Post
    Just wandered onto this thread whilst bored at work. Wasn't expecting this, Looks awesome. I'm inspired to sort mine now. Good work!
    Thanks! I'm glad it gives you the motivation to sort your own

Quote Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
    That does look good!!!
    Cheers

Rides
    Picked my bonnet, bumper and grille up from paint Saturday, spent the weekend putting it back together. Had the polisher and 3M green and blue top polishes on the go on all the new paint just to get it spot on!

Also fitted new tinted sidelights and kouki indicators.

My ganadors and petrol flap are being dropped up to me in the week so I'll fit them next weekend.

Rides
    Strong work mate looks good

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Strong work mate looks good
    Cheers dude