Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: milsom 93's Project Skids S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nattman View Post
    Just read this from the start, sweet looking car mate. 😀

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Thanks man, glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    I think that has happened to alot of us lol and as you say that take off needs a lip to help hold the pipe on i haven't seen many fmic pipework setups with a decently designed take off there!

Glad she running well at last dude keep up the good work
    Yeah I think they're all bad designed. Happened twice again after so I've just made a little lip to try stop it. thank you for the kind words

Update wise nothing much has changed. I did do my worst fear manage to log into eBay drunk and order a dildo gear knob and foot well LED's. They both used the cigarette lighter for power so I decided I to put them onto these jet fighter switch I had which is much better. 10/10 on the silly scale as they look like serious switched but they work that's all that matters. I don't like how the gear knob feels so that may be coming off soon.

So been to a local classic car show and ended up putting my car on show which was nice and a good afternoon. But whilst I was there I got a ticket left on my car saying Fuelled Society would like my car at there show so all at the last minute I entered my car and went over today. A really good show, although most of the cars aren't my cup of tea but a great evening out non the less. The battle scared old girl definitely didn't fit in but I kind of liked it was different to the rest. Just a few I got of the car.

The dump valve block off pipe popped off twice again on the way to and from. Once I got home I've split the pipe and bent them out a tad to create something to stop the pipe just slipping off. We will soon see if its worked. Other than this the car has just been in the garage and bombing around the local town.

Rides
    some how I missed this before, but car looks sweet and that was a good read
    13s do look good in black

Rides
    Like this thread, helps me out as well, like the cage and the maaad mcm stickers, my battery is also earthed the the seat belt anchor, may have to test it now just in case I have same issue as yours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    some how I missed this before, but car looks sweet and that was a good read
    13s do look good in black
    Thanks mate, got to love the ease of colour matching too

Quote Originally Posted by s13lukas View Post
    Like this thread, helps me out as well, like the cage and the maaad mcm stickers, my battery is also earthed the the seat belt anchor, may have to test it now just in case I have same issue as yours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Good hear of another MCM fan. You should be fine with the battery mate, as long as the body is connected to the engine earth wise.

Also a few more shots I discovered from the fueled society show

Was out late the other night and got to see my new lights in full force and its ace!!!

Rides
    Some small bits have been done recently.

I got some new steering rack bushes as I keep getting steering wheel wobble around 60mph.

Wasn't that bad to fit really, just the triangle ish shaped took a bit of getting out and in but I got there.

Now the steering feels 100x times sharper and I think the wheel wobble has gone.

Also I got this toyo sports downpipe off Laurence. I ordered a decat also from the bay today so I'll wait for that to arrive before fitting as some previous owner has welded the bolts from the downpipe to the cat.

Jon, off here (absolute legend) was clearing his shed out and was giving away his S14 stash. I swiftly snapped up the offer and gave some cans of beer in return, so two trips later I am now with 10 S14 skid rims and most have skidable tyres on so mega win there. Thanks again Jon!!! Santa Pod in November is looking good now.

Finally, I have been adjusting the suspension a lot recently, and noticed that when the wheels are on full lock the front braided pipe just pulls slightly where connecting on to the hard pipe. It will probably be ok for another year before it starts to damage the pipe but as its the brakes I thought I best get it sorted. So I contacted Pro-line on here and asked them to make me some line but longer than mine (gave them the length I wanted) and they have turned up today. I requested the black grommet as it makes for a much easier install! I was split for what colour to get at first but risked it with the gold and I have to say I think they look really well and the quality is top notch, really happy with them.

Rides
    Went by the post office on the way home today to pick a parcel up. Over the moon when I could see the shape of it. My de-cat was here!! Obviously I got home and got straight in to the garage.

It strangely went well and was done in an hour and half considering I was laid on my back, the car was on the bottom setting of the axle stands restricting access and striving through my bolt collection for some nice bolts and spring washers that's not bad.

Old downpipe and De-cat

New fitted (no good pictures unfortunately)

It now sounds ace!! much deeper and crisp, although my neighbour may not be super happy. Now I expected the sound to be much better, but I have just took it out for a few laps of the local dual carriage way and it now performs much better! turbo spools up quicker, feels a lot more torquey and all round power increased.

I did a video with my fake go pro for the before video, so if the weather is nice at the weekend I'll do an after and up load it. If the weather is rubbish then I'll most likely install the rack spacers I've had lying around in the ash tray for a year or fit the nice brake lines

Rides
    Done a little bit in the garage today.

Intially I went to change the brake lines out for the new ones I got. Turns out I am a complete retard and measured the old ones wrong So I placed the old ones back on as a temporary measure to stop fluid leaking, but I am on with ordering the new ones already.

This is why I am wanting to change. It just pulling a little on full lock which I'm not happy with.

Also whilst I was on with the brakes I decided to open the tin of brake paint I had left from the daily and give the callipers a much needed coat as they were looking worn out.

Before

Will get an after shot when they have dried fully.

Finally I set out about fitting the rack spacers I bought a year ago. Went pretty easy seems to be a noticable difference from just looking at it. Just need to look and lining the wheels up a bit more before I take it for a full alignment next month

Boot off

Unscrewed

5mm rack spacers

Fitted back with lots of loctite

Boot re-fitted with a new clamp (sorry its rubbish)

Suppose we will find out later if there is a noticeable difference whilst sideways.

Also upon taking my bumper off to jack it up I found the front mount bracket has snapped. This must have only happened in the last two days. So I've put the bracket in the daily and will try make something up at work one day if I find the time.

Rides
    Making good progress dude. Car looks sweet in the pics! And liking the gold brakelines!

Rides
    Making good progress dude. Car looks sweet in the pics! And liking the gold brakelines!
    Cheers mate, I was torn between the ones you can see the braid or the gold as a lot of things on my car are gold. I thought it was a risk but I like them too!! Got my second set today that are the right size (DOH!!) so as I'm on nights tomorrow I'll try fit them through the day before.

Rides
    A small update, the new braided brake lines have arrived.

So fitted them and bled them up. I can't feel no difference between the last set, but I didn't expect too. Now on full lock there is miles left and no pulling, plus I think they look the tits too.

The MOT man will be happier now also!! I strongly recommend Proline!!!

Also the callipers had dried and look much better with the gloss finish rather than the matte. Still need to paint the Nissan letters white again but that's a job for another day.

Finally quickly fabbed up a new set of front mount brackets. I wanted the keep all the angle but as they just didn't give it enough angle I cut a small bit off. Got to say it at least looks more professional too!!

Much better now and the weakest point is probably the standard bracket attached to the chassis.

Now with recently fitting the rack spacers I will be sending the car down to Chrisp tuning for a full lazer alignment and have booked to go to pod on the 18th so just keep the car working until then mainly. Once that's done I'll think about pulling it off the road for winter

Flamethrower
    Rides
    nice work mate, i think the wheels have set it off nicely

Rides
    Small update today,

Took the car in for an alignment on Tuesday as it has never been aligned since I got it plus I had just fitted the rack spacers too. I can't recomend Chrisp Tuning enough!! He has set the car up for a fast road/Occasional drift set up and it feels blooming fantastic!! I knew the wheels were out by a mile but we was surprised at just how much!

Before alignment
    Front: Left Right
    Camber - -3.5 -2.5
    Toe - -19.5 -15

Rear: Left Right
    Camber - -3.5 -4
    Toe - -5 -4

New Set up (Rear camber limited with standard arms)
    Front: Left Right
    Camber - -3 -3
    Toe - -1 -1

Rear Left Right
    Camber- -3.5 -3.5
    Toe - 0 0

So test drove the car today and it feels so much better and has lost the sketchy feel it had. Plus there is now zero wheel wobble up front. RESULT.

Upon test driving it I noticed a knocking from the front left suspension. Turn out to be this top bolt loose. Tightened it back up and all is OK again.

Then on the test drive to see if the tightening of the bolt worked, I heard a big clunk, a bolt and few washers hit the ground. Pooped my self and nursed it home, but only turned out to be the FMIC had come loose off the left bracket. It had stripped the threads on the left hand side so drilled and tapped the lug up to M10. Also put a touch of loctite on both threads just to stop it rattling loose. Now its solid again.

Finally I've booked DWYB at Santa pod on the 18th November. Looking forward to finally getting some seat time so fingers crossed it keeps running well

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by misterjake View Post
    nice work mate, i think the wheels have set it off nicely
    Cheers Jake, I fancy something different up front but I'll leave that for another day. Are you able to come Santa Pod on 18th November dude?

Rides
    Sounds like its going to be fun. I bought my first s13 3 years ago andI still havent got round to driftig it.

Rides
    thats coming on well bud, will look out for you at pod im there that day will be in a white 13

Rides
    Look forward to the dwyb photos i soo want to do it but cant bring myself to do it in my car :-(

Rides
    Look forward to the dwyb photos i soo want to do it but cant bring myself to do it in my car :-(
    do it Rich its a great day, not so good when you catch a cone or fence which i have done but mine is no minter so not to bothered

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Sounds like its going to be fun. I bought my first s13 3 years ago andI still havent got round to driftig it.
    I'm not sure where you live dastardly but you should come along if it's not too far!!

Quote Originally Posted by john905 View Post
    thats coming on well bud, will look out for you at pod im there that day will be in a white 13
    Cheers mate. Ace!! You will have to come say hi if you spot me, or I'll come over if I see you first. I'm so excited for it.

I know what you mean pointz, luckily pod is like John said mostly cones and barriers so it should be one of the safe events *touch wood*. Thanks for the kind words

Rides
    Pod's about 5 hours from me if I don't stop driving lol. Good luck with it anyway.

Rides
    yeah will do bud see you there