what are zeee wheels they really do suit

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by liamjrhodes View Post
    Can I have the skyline rear plate pretty please
    Can have it for me mate when I have got it off. I'll let you know

Quote Originally Posted by fikemoo View Post
    what are zeee wheels they really do suit
    Dare WK's apprently mate. Bought them from Stance Nation LTD

I had round two today with the fuel bits and got some 8mm fuel hose from my local motor shop. half an hour and the pipe was replaced. The old one has seen better days

And I also bought some 'Gorilla Gel Glue' and I have to say this was awesome!! I put a splodge on the end of the O ring, and within 10 Seconds it was stuck solid. To make double sure I wasn't going to get any leaks my mechanic friend suggested I put some of his silocone stuff on as well. It has stuck proper now and is sweet!!
    Before

After

I also went for a test drive and the car would just cut out when I came on boost and was making a horrible whining noise. Not too sure how I fixed it but a took the pump out of the tank again, placed it back in again carefully making sure it was submerged and it seemed too have solved it. Although the wine is still there but apparently that is just the noise it makes and only 1/4 a tank in wasn't helping it.

Now its working boy is it quicker!!! I didn't realise how much my old pump was holding me back, but it comes on boost and slingshots me down the road all the way to the red line. RESULT!!!

Rides
    Yeah the walbro's are a tad louder than standard.

Rides
    Things have gone a bit west since I last posted. I brimmed the car up after fitting the walbro and everything was cushty, until I got back to 1/2 and the pump started to whine like crazy and just isn't getting enough fuel. I know they can be temperamental after 1/4 but it shouldn't on half! So my new walbro is most likely no good due to no lubrication when starving itself and I need to get to the bottom of why it just isn't sitting low enough in the tank. If I wasn't fed up enough the tank is a horrid state and desperately needs cleaning out, but also the clutch needs bleeding or some attention as I can no longer get it into gear when cold and the bite is right at the top. So I've bought a sh*t box to get to work and back in and this has now come off the road for winter so I can actually fix jobs properly rather than bodge them due to it being my daily.

It will most likely be after the new year now before I even contemplate doing anything, as I have other things that I need to prioritize and get done, but it should all be for the better.

Rides
    Sounds like you could do with dropping the fuel tank and cleaning it thoroughly. Not too bad of a job to do.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Sounds like you could do with dropping the fuel tank and cleaning it thoroughly. Not too bad of a job to do.
    Yeah that's my plan, I just need get something to drain 1/2 tank of fuel into haha. Then I can start and get my motivation back for summer

Rides
    Finally, I got some spare time and motivation today to start cracking on with this. I'm now really excited for summer when its all working again

So I went out first thing this morning and got my self a 20L jerry can. Took the pump out and put it to one side while the work is being done. Then started to take the fuel out and into the jerry can. As its all rubbish contaminated crap I don't want to put it back into a clean tank so its gone nicely in to the 'Purple Turd' daily machine. Although 1/4 of a tank out of the Nissan filled the turd up to the brim so there's plenty of reserves Below is some of the standard of the fuel I pulled out. I could also pinch my fingers at the bottom of the tank and pull out loads of brown shite so this is well over due.

Then I thought two straps off and bit of swearng would get the tank out of course not. The first strap bolt snapped halfway out and the second is a tricky bugger. From what I can see if the diff is out I can get to the bolt better. This is good news as the diff has to come out any way for the welder to go in, so I set about removing that. The drive shafts are disconnected (removed the exhaust for better access)

The bolts holding it to the car have been cracked off and its just a case of the propshaft bolts to come out, take the weight on to a jack, unbolt the rest and lower it out. But light was fading and I was losing the feeling in my toes so that's a job for another day feels good to finally get things started

Rides
    Unlucky with the tank strap bolt. Frost do some good products for getting the rust out the fuel tank.

Rides
    Unlucky with the tank strap bolt. Frost do some good products for getting the rust out the fuel tank.
    You got a link dude? I can only find ones that seal the tank if it's leaking. Thanks for the heads up anyway

Rides
    My tank was rusty in the inside i used POR-15 kit and it worked out! Never got rust again! Clean fuel allways!

Rides
    No idea how to post links. Put frost auto restoration into google. I used the POR15 marine clean to get some of the rust off first, then I used POR15 prep and ready(metal ready) to get the rest off. I didn't really rate the marine clean but I'd still use it again to get the loose rust off. The prep and ready is really good though.

Don't use any coating stuff you will block breathers.

Rides
    I used the 946 ml metal ready and I found I could have done with more really. Just something to consider if you buy it.

Rides
    Perfect guys!! So as I don't need to seal the tank would you say just get the 3L metal prep and a normal bottle of marine clean? Or will the seal thing protect more? Greatful for the heads up guys!!

Rides
    Yeah I'd get those ones. I've heard about somebody on here using the thing that coats your tank in new metal and I'm sure they had problems afterwards. I can't remember who it was.

You only need a normal bottle of marine clean because if I remember correctly you mix it with hot water.

Rides
    Yeah I'd get those ones. I've heard about somebody on here using the thing that coats your tank in new metal and I'm sure they had problems afterwards. I can't remember who it was.

You only need a normal bottle of marine clean because if I remember correctly you mix it with hot water.
    You're the man Dastardly!!!

Rides
    I love this thread! You want to do something then just sort it no time wasting :P ahaha
    Is that the £200ish apex rollcage you got in there? Looks awesome

Rides
    I'm not a man lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hoernig View Post
    I love this thread! You want to do something then just sort it no time wasting :P ahaha
    Is that the £200ish apex rollcage you got in there? Looks awesome
    I wish it was like that buddy. Unfortunately as I am getting older I seem to be getting less time for this. Apparently decorating and other grown up stuff is more important I don't do watching TV or relaxing though I have to be busy doing something haha. That's the one I believe, although I bought it off a good friend not new. Glad you like it mate!

I'm not a man lol
    You're the woman Dastardly!! haha apologies!

Rides
    Not much progress to talk about for the last two weeks, but things are looking up.

First off the diff is out finally. All the back plate bolts cracked off just needs placing on to the welded one I have.

Tank then followed quickly with the rest of the bolts coming out better.

The photos below are the inside of the tank

On the up side most of the underside of the car looks real clean, so if I get chance I'll get some under-seal on there to protect it.

Next week its take all the diff cooler components out, prep new diff to be put back in and when money allows buy some of the tank cleaning things.

Once all that is done and running, all I have to do is spin it round and start again with the clutch got Japfest 2015 as my deadline though.

Rides
    nice job!
    in body work what will you do?

and where did you get genuine Nissan S13 workshop manual?