Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: milsom 93's Project Skids S13

Rides
    What IC are you running? Intake temp shouldn't be too bad even on a hot day unless you're running too much boost for the turbo or the intercooler isn't big enough.
    Looks a decent size though?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    What IC are you running? Intake temp shouldn't be too bad even on a hot day unless you're running too much boost for the turbo or the intercooler isn't big enough.
    Looks a decent size though?
    It’s a japspeed I think which is basically a cheap eBay one, but it’s huge. To be honest it’s mainly when it gets thrashed on slower roads or just driving in traffic when it’s not getting the airflow, but come to think of it I should just put the electric fan on override as that sucks air through the inter cooler thanks to the ducting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Rides
    Read this whole thread yesterday/this morning while quiet at work! I'm hoping to get my 13 to the track soon but trying to decide between welded diff or forking out for an LSD. I don't use it daily but i tend to take it out on weekends etc.. How do u find dailying it with a welded?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaphobia View Post
    Read this whole thread yesterday/this morning while quiet at work! I'm hoping to get my 13 to the track soon but trying to decide between welded diff or forking out for an LSD. I don't use it daily but i tend to take it out on weekends etc.. How do u find dailying it with a welded?
    I don’t really mind it at all, and after a while you don’t even notice it.

-It’s only really tight corners it bucks a little
    - it’s only really tight corners sometimes you get tire squeal (it’s rare though)
    - When parking on full lock you have to rev it at least at 2K to over come the inner tyre

Other than that it’s no problem and its really predictable

Rides
    Sooo, did a fluids check before Teesside and pumped the rear tyres up to 45psi ready.

Loaded her on the trailer, all the tools in the back of the trusty jeep and off we went

Had a nice relaxing drive there, got to it in good time, unloaded the car and headed straight out on track.

Since the last one it’s had a new clutch, full lock kit and a more neutral alignment. Safe to say the car felt amazing, it was some much more predictable and sat on lock really nice, the lock kit allowed me to be more aggressive on initiations and transitions, this all made for less handbrake and the clutch held up really well. Plus it was well over 30 degrees and the car kept all temps fine and never went over 90.

Only minor niggle which could well be me or the sloppy engine and gearbox mounts, but I was sometimes struggling changing down from 3rd to second, but this wasn’t a big deal. So I went all day opening the bonnet once to check fluids at dinner and not putting a spanner on it all day.

I did bin it into the tyres but only cosmetic damage

Now I’ve done a drift I’m going to tidy it up now over winter and then hopefully give it a good go next year. So I’ve started by taking the wings off and cleaning it all up.

Took the wire brush to it today

It cleaned up well but decided it’s time to get under the strut tops and sort that once and for all

So I need to knock a bracket up for the strut tops and learn to weld but for now I’ll clean the left side and leave them in weld through primer

All my Teesside clips rammed together
    https://youtu.be/zqkE59gxb24

Rides
    Feel like nothing has changed on the car but it’s mainly been tidying things up.

Been finding bits of rust in a few places, nothing mega bad but I was in two minds weather to sell it and buy a chaser/R34 4 door or find another shell. However I have now come to the decision to just keep going, fix everything up but it gives me a perfect base for a drift car as I was moaning before when I bent the rear quarter

Welded brackets I knocked up. Didn’t go for a spot type weld as it’s not a OEM build so welded round it which would make it stronger. Borrowed my uncles gas less mig hobby welder as I thought it would do better than my basic stick welder but the lack of adjustment made for pigeon poo welds (and my lack of skill). However it’s solid so it will do.

Fitted new rear brake disks

Fitted aero catches and made a new panel to help direct air to the radiator

Fitted new battery tray

Replaced the hardrace tension rods as one has play

Cleaned up all surface rust in wheel arch back to bare metal. Rust converter, loads of rust primer, seam sealed seams, plenty of stone chip once set and under seal to finish off.

Finished

Rear hatch was leaking and found this under the paint

Made a plate, welded it in and sealed it up

Took side skirts off to clean up underneath and put rivnuts in. Drivers side had slight corrosion that I’d done rubbish before so cleaned it up just need to pain it.

Passenger side found two things. Firstly this that needs welding

And this.....

Sill is all bent which I can’t remember how this got done as I feel I would have noticed it before but I don’t jack the car on the sills.

I’ve bought a caged laser full roll cage so took the carpet out to weld it in, dye the carpet and look at potential horrors underneath

Cleaned it up a lot, just need to get the seam that runs down the door

Found this too. It’s from the sill being pushed up it’s bent all this...

Don’t know how I’m going to straighten it all out but I’ll figure something out.

With all this lockdown I’ve now got plenty of time to spend on the car so I’ll crack on at cleaning it all up. How it sits now