Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: milsom 93's Project Skids S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by john905 View Post
    good going bud, where you drifting on the 6th?
    Cheers mate. I'm at Three Sisters for the first time. If the car survives I'm really tempted by Teeside on New Years Eve

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Nissan supply the lower temp state you just have to give them the part number.
    I did ask the man to look and he was really un helpful. I even did my own digging around for a 82 part number and the system changed it back to the 88 so he just deemed it impossible. Don't suppose you have the part number Dastardly?

Rides
    me to bud will see you there, its a 170 mile each way for me tho we are going to give driftland ago next year to, i have heard you can rent it out so going to look into it will let you no when if you fancy coming along

Rides
    me to bud will see you there, its a 170 mile each way for me tho we are going to give driftland ago next year to, i have heard you can rent it out so going to look into it will let you no when if you fancy coming along
    So you also at Three sisters on 6th John?
    I'll definitely be interested in driftland mate as I was looking into going next year also. Let me know

Rides
    21200P7901, it's in useful 13 thread in tech S13.

Rides
    Yes mate I'm going to 3 sisters on the 6th, as for driftland will let you no as and when bud

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    21200P7901, it's in useful 13 thread in tech S13.
    Awesome, thank you. I'll quote the, this next time

Yes mate I'm going to 3 sisters on the 6th, as for driftland will let you no as and when bud
    Fantastic, should be a good day! I'll look out for you in the pits. Yeah just let me know matey but I would be willing

Rides
    As my front tyres were on the legal limit and they had done 2 track days, time for a fresh set. Properly impressed with the rears I have on so ordered some for the fronts ready for three sisters. Whilst there I also took a pair of skid rims to get some cheapy cheap budgets put on with plenty of tread

Decided I would be more comfortable with the new 82 thermostat in.

Much better as it now runs at 80-85 rather than a constant 90 when driving around

Then as I bled the coolant up noticed a pool of oil from the diff on my garage floor. Took it Crisp tuning who diagnosed it and thankfully booked me in last minute so I would be ready for the drift day. Looks like the back plate seal has been disturbed so Chris dropped the diff, cleaned both mating surfaces up properly and sealed back up. Been sound as pound since.

Packed the car up Saturday and 6:30am set off for Wigan Sunday. Met up with Jake along the way and wasn't too bad of a drive.

So..... mixed emotions on the day. The morning was a right off. First of all the budgets I had put on was like bloody slicks! Up at 60PSI and I was still struggling to loose traction. Changed tyres to some harder compound falkens and put them to 40 which was spot on but the second session someone planted they're car into the barrier big time so didn't even get a lap on that session.
    Rest of the day was much better, car was faultless (also never went above 90 degrees), I was impressed with my driving but with only 2 corners open to drift and getting a max of 4 laps per 20 mins session seat time was a real disappointment.

None the less, it was a day out, I dusted off my drifting skills again, proved the car is now running sweet and learnt some new corners.

Some pics I have stumbled across: (more to come once I get them off my girlfriends camera)

Next up, Teeside NYE drift bash

Rides
    some good pics there bud, yeah the track time was really crap there and the fact we wasnt allowed to drift hardly any of the corners was shit, glad the car is running spot on to mate

Rides
    some good pics there bud, yeah the track time was really crap there and the fact we wasnt allowed to drift hardly any of the corners was shit, glad the car is running spot on to mate
    Cheers mate, trying not to jinx the car running good haha. I feel super sorry for you as it was a long journey for a rubbish day. I'm going to try a normal day with a friend next year and see if it's any better as it's my most local venue and they have plenty of dates on offer.

Few bits ordered:
    New water pump, timing belt and aux belts

New slave cylinder as the clutch is slipping after been stood

I'm in talks with proline to get a braided clutch line as well.

Some pictures my better half took at Three sisters

Finally I tried this...

Rides
    Got new clutch slave set up

I got the braided hose that goes straight from the master cylinder to the slave so I could take out the damper box thing as I don't think I was helping. The clutch didn't seem to be biting 100% on clutch kicks and occasionally slipping from this.

Got sent the wrong hose as one side was banjo where both factory ends are M10x1.0 screw in. After a few emails from HEL and a drift day getting closer I decided to just fit it with the banjo bolt. Once again Chrisp tuning sorted me out with a stainless steel banjo bolt and some washers to make sure I could get it ready for Teeside.

Took some bleeding up as I wasn't sure on the procedure and after a good 30 mins bleeding the slave I decided to try bleed to the master which bled up after two tanks full, moved back down to the slave which then bled up after 3 tanks full. Jobs a good un.

Damper box gone

Old slave with fluid on the wrong side of the piston

Clutch feels a lot more positive now, it selects gears much more freely and doesn't feel harsh at all like the internet told me

Greased coilover threads up to save me hassle in future

Few odds and sods to do tomorrow before packing it up for Teeside, but after the car is booked in for full underseal, cambelt change and water pump change at Chrisp providing everything goes ok

Rides
    I love the footwell lighting, I want to do something similar to my interior to modernize it a tad with brighter gauge lights etc. Not sure on bulbs and such likes though.

Rides
    yeah was a crap day mate to be honest, looks good with the rear wheels on the front bud, i still have the damper thing on mine think im going to remove mine now

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    I love the footwell lighting, I want to do something similar to my interior to modernize it a tad with brighter gauge lights etc. Not sure on bulbs and such likes though.
    Cheers mate, the footwell lighting are just cheapy eBay's that I've wired in to a switch instead of the cig lighter. What info do you need mate, I might be able to help you.

yeah was a crap day mate to be honest, looks good with the rear wheels on the front bud, i still have the damper thing on mine think im going to remove mine now
    Think I'm going to switch wheels, just need to find some for the back and sort loads of clearance issues from lock to lock. I'd recommend it mate clutch felt much more positive yesterday

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by milsom93 View Post
    Cheers mate, the footwell lighting are just cheapy eBay's that I've wired in to a switch instead of the cig lighter. What info do you need mate, I might be able to help you.
    Looking to refresh all the lights on the dash but I have the newer set of clocks with the digital odometer.

Also the digital a/c unit to match as well as the little window switch and heated rear windscreen button.

Would like to go all white ideally to make it look new, along with some footwell lights.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    Looking to refresh all the lights on the dash but I have the newer set of clocks with the digital odometer.

Also the digital a/c unit to match as well as the little window switch and heated rear windscreen button.

Would like to go all white ideally to make it look new, along with some footwell lights.
    That will look mega! The digital dash and a/c are like rocking horse shit.

Went to Teeside for New Years Eve drift day. Set off at half 6, got there for 8, on track for 10, the car was on track pretty much all day until 5 PM, drove to hotel at 6 then another one and half hour drive home the next day. All this and the car didn't miss a beat!

The car was very predictable other than me pushing my tyres too far before changing, no understeer, didn't feel like I need more lock, temps were reasonable all day and successfully scared the other half.

All ready about to go on track

Few photographs from the very talented paparazzi

View from our hotel window

And back home the next day ready for a rest

Put my go pro footage together
    https://youtu.be/DL8xy2gKbW0

Finally going to do an oil change, then send it off for underselling and cambelt change. Also fancy a change of wheels so I am just looking into my options

Rides
    Did I see you down by Screwfix on Wednesday night?
    or is there another black S13 going round Wakefield?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Did I see you down by Screwfix on Wednesday night?
    or is there another black S13 going round Wakefield?
    Yeah that was me 🙋*♂️, I live not far from there. I got the car out just to blow the cobwebs off and found it had a dead battery so I took it for a lap of wakefield after a jump start. Are you from round here mate?

Rides
    Have just moved to the area, just south of Wakefield now.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Have just moved to the area, just south of Wakefield now.
    Awesome

Impulse bought some new rear wheels

XXR 18"x9" ET20

Fit well just needs a slight lip pull but not 100% on them, but the fronts look a lot better now

Dropped her off at Chrisp Tuning yesterday for a full underseal, Cambelt, water pump and auxilary belts

Rides
    Cars been back from underselling etc. A while now. Chris has done an ace job and it's now mint underneath. Here's some unrecognisable photos.

New auxiliary and cam belts

New water pump

He has also advanced the timing as per Horshams instructions. Car now runs really nice.

Drove the car to work and back to find a trail of coolant behind me on my street. Found this on the cold radiator hose

As Chris was making fun of my cracked expansion tank that throws coolant every where, I bought this that was originally designed for a mini. Could have bought one that fits but I wanted to tuck it some what out of the way.
    Old set up

New one

Decided to shuffle things around to tidy the area up. Also took the rust off the old battery tray and give it a lick of paint.

Took old alarm out that never worked

New pipe came but was too short. Was in a rush to get it running again so bought a joiner and extended it.

Then the battery died so I got a new one and bled it up

Did an oil change

Give it an overdue clean

Running it around now as I'm booked on 1st May drift day at Teesside. See how that goes.