Thread: FPV Quadcopter Merrivale Quarry 2

Rides

Thumbs up FPV Quadcopter Merrivale Quarry 2

Hi All,

Here is a revisit to a location I flew when I first started to fly quadcopters back in August 2012. Its a disused quarry on Dartmoor, the stone from this quarry made the Falklands War Memorial at Port Stanley on the Falkland islands.

Video and radio signal stayed constant while playing around this site which was a surprise due to all the metal work and walls. If I ever revisit this site then I will be increasing my speed for some great action.

Best viewed full screen @1080p

Rides
    I like that! ever thought of trying to do footage of cars on track? or at a club static meet? would be pretty cool!

Rides
    That would be AWESOME but its a huge responsibility for the event organisers to agree to me flying at an event, and if they do agree then they surely don't know the risks involved if something goes wrong. It would be great fun to be stationed at a marshals area somewhere on a track...near a corner, epic shots for a chase cam coming out of a corner, the more sideways the car - the better the shot lol

I need to find some private land with a road so I can sit in a car while chasing it down the road, that would be so much fun and excellent footage.

Rides
    Id be happy to help but youre rather far from me! and yes you would need organisers consent etc, might be worth asking when the next local meet to you comes up?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jab1a View Post
    That would be AWESOME but its a huge responsibility for the event organisers to agree to me flying at an event, and if they do agree then they surely don't know the risks involved if something goes wrong. It would be great fun to be stationed at a marshals area somewhere on a track...near a corner, epic shots for a chase cam coming out of a corner, the more sideways the car - the better the shot lol

I need to find some private land with a road so I can sit in a car while chasing it down the road, that would be so much fun and excellent footage.
    Seen this done at a low level drift day and the outcome was pretty awesome

The organisers didn't really like it but the 'pilot' was very sensible so they just sort of let him get on with it

My quad adventures are on hold, along with the rest of my life at the moment due to a serious illness in the family

Why didn't you fly over the water?

Rides
    Started looking at a TBS Discovery for the past week or so , think I am going to give it a go once I have sold a few of the RC car's I have :-) .

Rides
    Great bit of kit Rob, good for beginners and pros alike I would say with plenty of helpful people that already have the frame and got it dialled in which will save you X amount of time on the setup which is a great bonus... less tinkering and more flying