Thread: Sr20Det Clutch Bearing Noise / Input shaft bearing

Rides

Sr20Det Clutch Bearing Noise / Input shaft bearing

Hey,

I have a low miles s14 sr20det he makes a noise when the engine is running but when a press the clutch the sound disappear i think is a bearing clutch who makes the noise. I found a same thread on DriftWorks started by Adam VrtasCZ with the same problem (SR20DET - Clutch bearing noise?)
    What should i do? People say to dont repair for now because im gonna need to change the all clutch they say to drive the car until clutch "die", but i have fear to damage the gearbox/shaft what you guys think. The car is full stock only have 28000miles. Need help.

Cheers

Rides
    Just sounds like a noisy clutch bearing.... if you can live with the noise dont worry about it.. if your upgrading your clutch then upgrade your bearing then as to replace the bearing its a gearbox off job.... on a 28000 car there shouldnt be any worry on damage to the shaft..

Ste
    Bringing up a new generation of drifter....
    The futures bright.The future's RED...
    HERE COMES THE PAIN !!

M82 OUK..R.I.P
    T220 FJO..R.I.P
    NEXT ???? ???

Rides
    Hi Ste,

The noise is not the problem for me i wondering if this problem can cause a bigger problem but if you say i can drive the car safety without damage anything im gonna keep the car like this for now im not thinking to upgrade the clutch is garage car is to stay fully stock thats why the concern i wanna keep the car in good shape. They say this a common problem in this cars never saw this problem before in any other car so i dont know what to do.

Cheers