Thread: R33 GTR brembo front calipers

Rides

R33 GTR brembo front calipers

I've had a search around but can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Are the R33 GTR brembo calipers and discs a direct bolt on replacement for an otherwise standard S14a?

If I purchase some R33 GTR calipers and discs, can I remove my standard S14a discs and calipers and replace with the brembos and the larger discs? Or are some adaptors required?

Does anyone know what brake lines are needed?

Rides
    As far as I am aware the calipers disks and hoses should be fine.

For the rear you need a different handbrake cable. Dave cooper has recently done this conversion best bet is to ask him

Sent from my GS-4 💥💫

Rides
    Can anyone else confirm?

Rides
    I have R33 front setup (yet to fit) you'll need the bolts for the calipers to mount to the hub (I can't recall if the hub requires drilling out for these bolts). The backplate for the front discs has a lip on it. I'm running 300mm discs and as a result the lip needed removing to give the disc more room. I have R33 braided brakes lines to fit too. Again, I think these are different thread/fitment to the S14 standard stuff. A quick search and the question(s) are bound to have been asked before. Checkout the fitting guide in the S14 tech section too. (It may redirect to an external site).

Remember fitting these with the standard BMC may give a spongy pedal feel so consider upgrading this too. - Again, many many posts about various options.

Rides
    Thanks, that's really helpful.

I've read through some ancient threads on here today that the standard s14 brake lines fit the brembo calipers - i guess i'll find out soon enough.

I didn't know about the back plate on the fronts, thought it was only the rears that had it. I'll have to get creative with that then!

Unfortunately a search hasn't really revealed any concrete answers, but i'm about to attempt the conversion so i'll report back to this thread and let you guys know what fits and what doesn't on my S14a.

Rides
    Rears you'll need to have with handbrake mechs and r33 cables. They will then bolt on but you'll have to clean the pin hole in the knuckle. You'll need conversion hoses.

Fronts you just cut the back plate lip off. Not sure if you have to drill or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Managed to pick these up yesterday for a good price. They're in good condition too, with discs and pads.

I'll offer them up at the weekend and see what's needed to get them to fit.

Rides
    You just need the correct bolts and to trim the backplates slightly.

Rides
    As above ^^^^

Font GTST brakes they all bolt up using the skyline caliper bolts, just the mentioned rear backing plate needs trimming etc depending upon what size disc you use. S14 brake lines fit the front caliper also, but most use the opportunity to change the lines to braided (HEL) for example which you would then use the lines for a R33 GTST.

Rear GTST brakes require you to change the backing plate to the skyline one onto the knuckle, the hbrake mechanism is a far superior setup so it requires you to use the R33 gtst hbrake cables too. As for the discs and calipers they bolt straight on apart from the rear brake line will need changing to again a Skyline brake line, OEM or HEL equivalent.

Ive almost finished the conversion on my car and will be leaving the Master cylinder stock S14.

Rides
    Thanks - I didn't get the mounting bolts with the calipers. Does anyone have any spare?

Rides
    They're a pretty standard thread, I'd just grab some from a local fastener place.

Rides
    Sorted bolts now, local fastener hooked me up.

I took the standard S14 caliper off and lined this one up, bolt holes seem to line up perfectly and seem to be the same size. Fingers crossed they should fit straight on!

Rides
    And are R33 rear calipers the same as Z32? Or is that R32 same as Z32?

Rides
    r33 gtst, z32, and R32 GTR are the same I beleive.

Rides
    Make sure the bolts are 10.8 but its a straight forward swap, I'm running z33s on mine and there miles better than s14 calipers

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    Thanks @LED sandwich. I'm currently sourcing some R33 GTR rears. I took my z32 calipers to bits and the threads don't look great where the brake lines fit so i'll probably have them helicoiled and sell on.

The R33 GTST rear calipers are the same as z32 but R33 GTR are slightly different (brembos). The R33 GTR discs are slightly larger and wider. Z32 = 297x18mm, and R33 GTR = 300x22mm.

Rides
    Ah good work mate, I have some z33 rears for mine but it will be a while before I fit them as I've just fitted decent pads to my z32 rears. The z33 offer 320mm rear disks and 325 fronts

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    Mate of mine got quoted £500 each disc and £500 for pads without fitting and that's just for fronts on his gtr, luckily the previous owner upgraded to ap racing 6 pots and the discs are cheaper for those lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk