Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First CA

Rides

My First CA

Hello again everyone.
    Well after owning 4 x S14's 2 x S15's and a PS13 all with SR20 engines ive finally taken the plunge and am giving the old CA18 a try.
    So here she is.

100% standard car won on ebay.
    was a bit of a dodgy looking advert but took a punt and got her cheap, but the best bit is 1 owner from new full service history up to 2003, receipts for under seal after first year, 5 years and 10 years, was very well looked after until the turbo blew in 2003.

Once the turbo blew it was removed properly and a brand new standard replacement unit was purchased but never fitted. The car sat unmoved from 2003 until last week when I bought it. All that was required was to refit the turbo(still full of preservation oil, after 11 years in a box)and fit a new drivers rear window smashed in a theft attempt some years ago. So as it sat for 11 years, I decided to fit a new timing belt along with idler pulley and tension pulley, new power steering belt, new alternator belt, new oil filter, new air filter, new water pump, new fuel filter, new spark plugs, new coil-packs, clean and refit injectors, all new fluids a couple of gaskets, and 20 litres of fresh fuel, the 11 year old petrol was like water so drained that while the fuel filter was off, some new windscreen wipers fitted along with a new drivers side rear window, and rear windscreen wiper, new battery and then I was finally happy to have a go at turning it over.

I unplugged the fuel pump in the boot, unplugged the coil-packs, and pulled the oil return pipe off the bottom of the turbo, cranked a few times until the oil began to drip from bottom of the turbo, reconnected everything and BOOM after 2 to 3 splutters shes alive, but the engine and gearbox mounts where obviously worn out so I fitted a set of circuit sports engine and box mounts, so now no longer a standard car ha.

All thats left is to fit a set of my wheels with good tyres, and some sill welding, saw a small patch of rust on both side that ive managed to open up to about the size of a £20 note, so very litle welding needed.

Now the reason I bought this car, is as a nice cheap new toy while my S15 is away getting shell prep.

So I have a few parts to fit

Last few days I bought some cheap and nasty new coilovers, some alignment arms, subframe lockers, a steering bush and a drift handbrake knob. That should get me started for now, ready for drift day at Pembrey on 27th.

Oh and got some top quality tunes to play in the factory cassette player check them out.

Drifting with some eighties tunes and pop up lights. Cant wait.

Rides
    Omg <3
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Awsome. Dude. Cant wait to have a blast :-)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Limitless Imports View Post
    Awsome. Dude. Cant wait to have a blast :-)
    Ha yep its the new missile so anyone can have a go at smashing it up hahahahahaha, just going to sell off all the bits I don't need on it now like wheel arch liners rear seats, boot trim whatever really if I don't need it to skid then I don't need it ha, I cant get over how everything is still in its place and all in one piece, shame its in my hands really.

Still keeping the cool cassette player and cassettes, super old school drifting tunes ha

Rides
    Not gonna be my aim dude I wanna drift not crash lol. Loving the old tape deck aswell uber retro.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Limitless Imports View Post
    Not gonna be my aim dude I wanna drift not crash lol. Loving the old tape deck aswell uber retro.
    Yea grainy sound is awesome, there is a random mix tape ive not listened to yet, oh and the interior is near mint even the tool roll in the boot was complete with wheel chocks, and every single clip and panel undamaged dont think the boot was ever used by the looks of it

Rides
    Oh also forgot to mention that when I fitted the turbo I used all new gaskets from Nissan and they have decreased the price for the manifold to turbo gasket, from a wopping £36 to an awesome £11, which I thought everyone would like to know.

Rides
    Looking good, can't wait to see it sideways at pembrey. Oh and cheers for the cage

Rides
    happy days nice to meet you dude look forward to seeing yours when its done.

Rides
    Nice to meet you too. Are you drifting it with a stock CA or is it upgraded? Do these have enough power in stock form to drift Pembrey?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rides
    yep completely stock, will be plenty enough.

Rides
    You've got issues lol!!! Where's the na missile gone,thought you were gonna destroy that first!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by haz's s15R View Post
    You've got issues lol!!! Where's the na missile gone,thought you were gonna destroy that first!
    Not enough power in the dry, found myself kicking the crap out of the clutch, so got this to replace it happy with boost now, this is the new missile

Rides
    Now 6 ??????????????
    PDH has been looking for that for ages!!!!!! hehe !

Rides
    Alrihgt buddy,

If you are looking to get rid of the standard pre-facelift seats front and rear, I would be up for swapping a pair of omp buckets, let me know thanks.

Rides
    So got my wheels back from my local engineers today now PCD'd for 5x114.3 AND 4x114.3

Now need to fit the coilovers to get a litle less monster trucky.
    And have no fear some Jun arches are on thier way

Rides
    That sounds interesting Ali hows it coming along.

Rides
    will you be attending on Sunday at Pembrey and will these wheels be fitted?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    That sounds interesting Ali hows it coming along.
    It's currently having a bit of welding done on the rear sills, and in for MOT tomorrow, then can get on to painting it fitting coilovers arms wheels diff and rip the interior out ready for the weekend.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by filthy animal View Post
    will you be attending on Sunday at Pembrey and will these wheels be fitted?

Yep will be down pembrey on Sunday and yep the wheels will be fitted but is going to be very last minute as per usuall to get it all ready how I want it ha