Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 180sx Type X S13 FAP

Rides
    This exhaust sounds perfect I don't suppose you know the loudness?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboywill View Post
    This exhaust sounds perfect I don't suppose you know the loudness?
    Did you hear this from facebook? I don't know where any other vids may be lol!

I'll get a DB tester on it at somepoint, it is pretty loud, but i can still listen to music at a sensible volume even with no interior in the back.

Rides
    Yea sounded exactly how I want mine to sound. Not too deep with abit of rasp. You may have convinced me to go for a single box system

Rides
    Well the only box is actually one of those decat silencers from japspeed! I only paid 25 quid for it so thought why not, and i fancied a 4" straight cut tailpipe and its turned out spot on. Don't forget mines now got that rasp due to the tubular manifold more than anything else, it unlocks the proper sr sound imo as they are so farty and i don't like the noise with the cast mani!

Rides
    So forgot about updating this over the last couple of weeks.

Basically whilst the car was having a bit of paint done the rear arch reacted due to poor prep i imagine so he had to re do it. I then missed Japfest as the car wasn't ready It looked like this when i got it back from paint;

Between all that i got some new rubber put on the ssr's ready for putting them back on the car, i went for 215/40 for the front and 235/40 for the rears.

When i got the car back from paint i gave it straight to my mate who did a machine polish and quick wax ready for modified nationals. We found that the rear arch was quite thin and nearly burned through the lacquer with just a finishing polish on a soft pad I also forgot to give him the spoiler so decided to run spoiler-less for the first time! I'm also thinking i might leave it for the year and get the whole car stripped down and painted properly this coming winter.

I then stuck the ssr's on and got a couple of quick pics;

I also finally fitted the genuine type x indicators i managed to source brand new just before christmas, still have the genuine wind deflectors i need to fit too!

But i managed to throw it together ready for modified nationals even though the alignment is all over the place and its scrubbing a bit and with it not being mapped i had to keep an eye on the knock detector on the pfc and the afr gauge, so only gave it a little tickle on the way there and back I'm so happy it managed the whole trip (100 miles each way) with no running issues at all, temperatures were spot on and it was fairly economical. Whilst at the show i just gave it a wipe over with QD and fitted the genuine brand new SSR center caps and stickers i've had for ages. Anyway i'll let the pics do the talking.

Cheeky couple of rolling shots on the way home too, excuse the instagram filters lol.

And a little pic as i pull up on my drive after an epic weekend! Thanks for reading as always and any comments, feedback, ideas are always appreciated!

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    I saw this at nats over the weekend, looking awesome. You have no idea how close I came to pinching your centre caps and replacing them with mine

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    I saw this at nats over the weekend, looking awesome. You have no idea how close I came to pinching your centre caps and replacing them with mine
    Haha thanks man, i took center caps off as soon as i got home Can't trust no one these days :P

Rides
    Such a lovely 13. Sucks that you have to remove your centre caps.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Such a lovely 13. Sucks that you have to remove your centre caps.
    Don't trust leaving them on when parked up, they're like £200 from SSR brand new from Japan when you include postage and import fee's. And thanks for the kind words mate always good to know your works appreciated even if it is done how i want it to be .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    Don't trust leaving them on when parked up, they're like £200 from SSR brand new from Japan.
    I looked in to getting them but I couldn't justify £200 for a set, no matter how good they look! I managed to find some for £50 off here. They're the plastic larger ones with the chrome sticky SSR emblem.

Rides

Thems the ones after a refurb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I didn't pay £200+ for them lol, i found them on Japanese ebay and they came to about £115 all in i think. Just stuck the add into google translate and it came up as bought with brand new set of wheels but wrong style center cap as driveshaft thread too long or something like that. There's 4 different designs of my ones from flush fit to really fat ones for longer driveshafts.

Rides
    *Runs off to ebay.JP

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    *Runs off to ebay.JP
    Matt, we all know you need Rota ones for them Rota's :P

@Adam,
    As perusal looking good. Need to have a look at it in person now its all done

Rides
    Re spoiler it please!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by civicek View Post
    Re spoiler it please!

I will be mate don't worry

Rides
    SO fresh mate!

Bet it its loud, mine is pretty much exactly that setup exhaust wise just with a Nur Spec back box and made 108db at 4500rpm at JapFest :P

Lucky I brought my silencer which made it 100db lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post
    SO fresh mate!

Bet it its loud, mine is pretty much exactly that setup exhaust wise just with a Nur Spec back box and made 108db at 4500rpm at JapFest :P

Lucky I brought my silencer which made it 100db lol
    Thank you mate, i was watching you smashing around Japfest the car looked a right laugh. Its loud, but tbh its no louder than a crap ebay quality exhaust, but it sounds insane i really love the noise it makes. My dad has a DB tester for his bikes so i will nab it and test mine at 4.5k

Rides
    Looking good Adam. Loving the despoilered look!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    Thank you mate, i was watching you smashing around Japfest the car looked a right laugh. Its loud, but tbh its no louder than a crap ebay quality exhaust, but it sounds insane i really love the noise it makes. My dad has a DB tester for his bikes so i will nab it and test mine at 4.5k

Ahh was you? was a good laugh man, shame I couldnt really push it as hard as I wanted but had good fun anyway

Top mount manifolds make SR's sound awesome, hated the sound of it when it was on the bottom mount H Dev mani (same exhaust system and turbo)

Let us know how loud it is