Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 180sx Type X S13 FAP

Rides
    And its finally back on my drive after going to my mates for some work. Had a couple of hiccups his end, firstly he knocked over his tig welder and caused some damage that wasn't fixed for a few days, then some of the pipe we ordered was wrong and then we had to compromise on the position of the silencer and tailpipe exit.

They also fitted my hardrace engine mounts and super pro steering rack bushes and made a screamer pipe for me.

The exhaust specs are as follows; 3 inch downpipe all the way to a silenced decat silencer placed at the rear with a 4 inch straight cut exit. Theres a flexi joint just after the turbo elbow and a v band connection just after that.

Rides
    It sits fully flush with the chassis rails so its nice and tight.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I have a feeling that's going to be Loud
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Can't be any louder than the straight pipes i had on it last year lol. I've got a non restrictive baffle for the 4" exit too which might tone it down a touch without losing much power

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ha ha fair point
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Heatwrapped the exhaust today and had a right mare getting it back on, the word tight is an understatement it was ridiculous. I guess thats my own fault for telling the guys that made it to be as tight as possible lol.

Rides
    Fired it up yesterday afternoon, safe to say i'm relieved that there were no leaks and it actually idled ok with the top mount set up so very happy with that. Now its just a case of sticking the brakes on and bleeding everything up and then taking it in for paint Once its back from paint i'll be getting it mapped and ready to drive it properly which i can't wait.

The rattling noise in the vid was the fan shroud hitting the fan as i forgot to reconnect it lol. Also note i primed the turbo by dripping oil down the feed with a pippete and then again cranking it over for 3 lots of 10 seconds with the coilpacks disconnected and fuel pump relay removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diYyo0LiI7Q

Rides
    Put some heat reflective tape on today, might add a bit more to other places not sure yet tho it looks awesome tho, also tidied up some wiring, changed a couple of hoses to purple ones and fitted some tomei engine bling

Rides
    Matte blacked my bottom intercooler pipes and they look a lot smarter than before

And i gold wrapped my intake pipes. I know its not to everyones taste but its function over form i hope at least!

Also finally got round to checking the clearance of my skyline brakes over the ssr's. I estimated i'd need a minimum of a 15mm spacer for them to clear but i could have had them clear with a 10. But i'm leaving the 15mm on anyway which gives me an effective ET of -12

Rides
    Coming along well mate, love this car

Rides
    Last weekend was the turn of getting it driveable so i had a few big jobs that needed doing. Luckily i had the help of Wayne aka BigDubs and i couldn't have done it without his help

the clutch was a nightmare to bleed until i remembered i had a driftworks braided line, so fitted that and it bled up straight away, the abs delete kit kept leaking. Very disappointed with the quality of the kit there's no way the unions should be as tight as we had to do them to stop them leaking. But the brakes bled up in the end and it was ready to drive, so i thought...

Basically when i fitted up the rear r33 handbrake set up i must have miss-aligned the bit that bolts to the hub as the disc was stuck on it,which means the car wouldn't move without a mega crunching noise which i thought at first was a seized caliper, obviously not lol..

Anyway with that all sorted i managed to drive it up and down the road hassle free and the car was quietly dropped off for some paintwork on the sunday evening.

Pics so you don't have to read a boring post without something to look at

Rides
    nice work mate

Rides
    Top work adam. Engine bay looks awesome

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanR View Post
    Top work adam. Engine bay looks awesome
    I hope it makes the power that it looks like it should make haha cheers mate

Rides
    well I just stroked one out over your car.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_s14a View Post
    well I just stroked one out over your car.
    Haha thanks mate!

Hopefully get it back from the paint shop on Friday and see how it looks with the srb front wings fitted up!

Rides
    Some serious time effort and money spent here with stunning result well done.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Some serious time effort and money spent here with stunning result well done.
    Thank you Gerry

Rides
    such a nice car,and just keeps getting better,really makes mine look so bad its depressing
    proper gloss black is still the best colour for the 13 imo

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    such a nice car,and just keeps getting better,really makes mine look so bad its depressing
    proper gloss black is still the best colour for the 13 imo
    Its water based kuro black according to previous owner! Well the painter doing my arches and front end hasn't said anything to me after doing the chip test so i'm still assuming it is haha.

And thanks believe me i have spent a lot, but i saved a few months for it last year and thought i'd try and get it all done before show season so i can (hopefully) just enjoy the car for the summer!