Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 180sx Type X S13 FAP

Rides
    With those wheels on it can't fail, they're so damn nice.

Rides
    Still waiting to see a side on shot with those wheels on.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Still waiting to see a side on shot with those wheels on.
    Gonna have to wait a little longer.

Rides
    So i got the car back together last week and got an MOT on it and some tax, with only 2 miles of road testing from my unit to the petrol station to my house, i set off to Jap Day at castle combe on saturday!

Friday out my unit

Please ignore the poor fitting bonnet, its quite annoying considering how much it cost, but i will be getting some aero catches and it'll bring it down to the right height lol.

SXOC stand was full of high quality as usual and those that i managed to speak to were all great! Also i think we had a good spot. Just wish i had had more time to actually give the car a proper clean but oh well it looks shiny in pictures lol.

Saturday evening i attended a local meet as it was something to do, on the way home i was suddenly left without power windows on both sides, no noises or anything, also the lock fob and the key slot in the door only lock the drivers door now whereas before they locked both doors, something to look in to!

Rides
    13 looks nice as usual, they do keep you on your toes with random faults don't they.

Rides
    Fitted a NRG slim quick release today, great quality, very nice bit of kit. Bought from funky power if anyone was wondering, next day delivery very good service!

Rides
    Snazzy! I got a wheel and kit to go on mine soon. I love those digital gauges though. Makes me want some!

Rides
    That does look nice and tidy, I did it the other way round and got a works bell short hub and standard NRG 2.8 quick release

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    Snazzy! I got a wheel and kit to go on mine soon. I love those digital gauges though. Makes me want some!
    I've got 2 sets of these digital lights! One has the head up display too But its untested so i don't know if it works.

Rides
    Not really updated for a while, off loaded my Bride Brix recliner to Tim aka overnutter and picked up a mint condition Bride Zeta II complete with the mini head cushion! The seat came from an r32 so i was expecting to have to modify the 1 bolt that makes the rails not perfect for s13's but this rail had 2 bolt holes so no troubles there it went straight in. Really like this seat it fits me perfectly and is very comfortable.

Attended a local show that had lots promise but turned out to be a bit crap, waterlogged field and poor organisation, but oh well, the car got papped:

Rides
    Reading Jap meet last week, pretty good turn out, not the busiest i've seen but it will get better over the next few months!

Did a Japfest rock with my local lot from OxfordJap. Forgot my camera, didn't take a single pic of my car so here's what i found on instagram lol.

And on the way back from Japfest Rock my shifter suddenly made a crack noise and it was extremely difficult to find any gear other than 3rd or 4th. Managed to get the car back to my unit to find this! The shifter (ebay short shifter - 2 years old) bush has shit itself, gearbox oil was obviously leaking out whilst driving. (click the picture for video)

Rides
    Few more photos popped up from Japfest Rock the other week.

Decided to get my wallet out and replace the cheapy ebay shifter that shit itself with a shiny new B&M one, quite expensive but you can see straight away that its far better than the copy ones from ebay, the materials are better, the shifter rod itself and the mechanism is far more solid and it doesn't rattle about, selects gear beautifully smooth and short obviously! So pleased with this.

The weekend before the car didn't start from what i assumed was a stuck starter, as after a love tap with a extension bar and hammer it fired up, but after fitting the shifter i was about to fire the car up and go for a drive when it didn't fire again, and not even a love tap sorted it so i thought the starter was buggerd. I ran out of time to sort it for Japshow at pod last weekend but managed to sort it out in the afternoon with a poor connection to the solenoid which has now been sorted and the car starts fine again, phew!

Keep your eyes peeled for some interesting updates in the next few weeks

Rides
    That B&M really shows quality. looks easy to install as well. You've got my attention, curious about the updates that are coming !!

Rides
    So i said watch out for a big update, an here it is! You wouldn't even notice if i didn't say lol.

Last week i dropped my car off at a place called Hudson Speed Shop. Tom has a good rep of tuning jap cars, and has done many a s body in his years, i booked my car in for the full works, supply, fit and map a link g4+ ecu.

Tom had the car for the week and did just that, he also ran a wire from my AFR gauge to the link so i can data log fueling and also he wired in a switch so i can have a low and high boost on a switchable map. The high boost switch also has a more aggressive timing, pops and bangs on the overrun and launch control as an added feature (asbo mode!).

Unfortunately the car couldn't quite make the boost he was trying to push for (i asked for 1.5bar), the coilpacks were really struggling over 1.35 so a collective decision between us means we just leave it safe for now on the low boost map (1.2bar) and once i've upgraded the coilpacks, i'll bring the car back for a high boost map.

I pick the car up tomorrow, but from what he's telling me i'm in for a real treat and not going to be disappointed so i can't wait!

Rides
    Oh and if someone could buy my SSR's that'd be great!

Rides
    You've got an ASBO button, so cool.

Rides
    Will load some more pics soon showing the work that Hudson did on the car and whats involved with the Link set up.

Done a lot of miles in it since yesterday, really happy with how it drives, i did have a funny thing happen yesterday where my screamer pipe fell off after trying launch control. But that's all fixed now, the car feels so smooth on power, absolutely solid boost from 3.5k to 7.2k, i absolutely love my tyres, they barely slip in 1st and its nice and controllable, 2nd just squats and ****s off, seriously impressed with how it puts the power down.

Today i went to simply jap with the sxoc lot, stand was awesome and it was a really nice day out! I got papped on the way there, no pics of the car on stand yet tho.

Rides
    car looked awesome at the DW meet last night mate. be a shame to see the rear wheels go if you sell them, suit the car so well

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    car looked awesome at the DW meet last night mate. be a shame to see the rear wheels go if you sell them, suit the car so well
    The wheels for sale are actually supposed to be my fronts, the one thats damaged meant i had to get another one ordered but i ordered a pair with different offsets instead so i will be running a full set of the works soon

I saw yours at the meet too, such a nice car man!

Rides
    Saw this at Beaulieu on Sunday, such a nice car! Can't go wrong with a B&M, had one on my last two S13's and seriously thinking about getting one for the PS.