Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 180sx Type X S13 FAP

Rides
    So after a bit of back and forth with Driftworks regarding me wheel order, i had to make a slight change offset wise as the lead time would mean 3/4 months wait where as now i should have them in 3/4 weeks. I can't wait!!!

Anyway so after my last update where i removed a lot from the engine bay ready for the head work i then got cracking on the back end as everything needed a good clean up and i wanted to get the subframe powdercoated

Engine bay is looking a bit bare atm!

Rear subframe came off in a little over an hour! Helps that i did it a year ago so all came off really easy.

Subframe is now fully stripped down, and i'm also getting the knuckles and rear arb powdercoated at the same time. Need to split all the arms down and clean them up and check the rose joints but they don't look too bad at first glance.

Also got my new tires ready for the new wheels, 245/40/17 fronts and 255/40/17 rear yoko AD08R. I heard nothing but good reviews on them and the price i got them i couldn't have even bought a set of federals or nankangs for so can't grumble

Most of my parts have arrives now so may as well post up a cheeky pic

Hard race 28mm front arb and drop links and bushes

So top left is GKtech oil catch can, bottom left is driftworks superfly flywheel, then middle top to bottom are BC valve springs, Genuing Nissan JDM amber side indicators, OEM nissan radiator lower rubber mounts, OEM nissan fuel tank seal, OEM nissan pcv, driftworks rear knuckle bushes, Tomei rocker arm stoppers. OEM water pump, GKtech eccentric lockout bolts for rear subframe, GKtech radiator cap. And finally top right is ARP head stud kit, ARP flywheel bolts, ARP con rod bolts, GKtech eccentric throttle wheel.

Few parts still on their way, cosworth head gasket and ACT clutch.

That's all for today.

Rides
    I fitted the hard race droplinks to my car and the bushes perished after approx 6 months so I can't recommend them, however they still have no play in them 2 years after fitting. They just don't look too good. Just a thought since your car looks mint.

Rides
    Driftworks eyy? I knew you'd be getting some Works

Did you buy the AD08s online?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Driftworks eyy? I knew you'd be getting some Works

Did you buy the AD08s online?
    Haha but what Works i wonder! Only reason i did order Works was because you can pretty much custom offset. Subject to their availability of course. But i'm only a few mm out what i could consider ideal for my new wings and fenders so we'll see how they look.

I got the AD08's from a bloke off facebook.

And Dastardly thanks for that, i have super pro drop links already so i may just re use those.

Rides
    Beautiful car!
    I really love your rims, your car is perfect man!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by raffact14 View Post
    Beautiful car!
    I really love your rims, your car is perfect man!
    Thank you mate, i love how it looked but i want to be more racecar looking so hopefully the new direction i'm taking it pulls that off

Rides
    Nice hoard of parts there! Look forward to seeing what you make of this as its a minter already .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanR View Post
    Nice hoard of parts there! Look forward to seeing what you make of this as its a minter already .
    Cheers mate If only i had the attention to detail of some of the builds on here (yours included) it would be way better.

Rides
    Another little update.

Some new parts finally turned up, been waiting for the ACT clutch since i ordered it on Boxing day, been on back order and to be fair Driftworks customer service has been fantastic as usual, kept in the loop all the time and quick dispatch and delivery. Also i ordered a Yashio factory waterpump pulley and it turned up today, all the pinks!

Then i took my manifold and downpipe up to my mats fab place (Hard Knocks Speed Shop) and he welded in a Lambda boss and EGT boss for my defi gauge.

Also had Big Dubs on here weld me in the GKtech subframe reinforcement plates i bought for the sake of buying, doubt they'll do anything but hey ho i like buying things lol. Also dropped the subframe off and rear knuckles and arb off to be powdercoated black, not fussed with anything fancy so just black will do

Rides
    More stuff arrived recently

Rides
    You still running same turbo Adam ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy88 View Post
    You still running same turbo Adam ?

No mate i've bought the set up you made for Clive, i'm using the gtx2867r Clive used with it. The turbo is going on my mates z20let astra i think.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    No mate i've bought the set up you made for Clive, i'm using the gtx2867r Clive used with it. The turbo is going on my mates z20let astra i think.
    Reason I asked is just see how the turbo was holding out.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy88 View Post
    Reason I asked is just see how the turbo was holding out.
    It was running well on my car mate, only had it at 1bar but it was easily 330bhp. Done at least 4k miles on it and when i took it off it was mint so sold it to my mate.

Rides
    Today i got a few bits done, the car needs to be rolling in the next couple of days before going to get the rear arches cut up for overfenders and all the engine work started!

So first i painted up the diff back plate and re fitted it and filled up with some fresh Motul diff oil.

Then i pressed in the driftworks rear knuckle bushes i bought into my freshly powdercoated knuckles.

Also had the subframe coated and the rear arb.

Decided i wanted to fit solid bushes over the polly's. I want the car to be as good as it can be for grip on the rear when i'm on track so hopefully these super forma subframe riser bushes will help with anti-squat and more traction.

They bashed in alright with a rubber mallet, just had to make the edges curved with a file so they slotted in perfect.

I built the subframe up with the driftworks arms and rear arb and fitted it back into the car but forgot to take pics, tomorrow i'll be putting the driveshafts in and assembling the handbrake mechanism so i can fit the knuckles and brakes on and have a rolling car again!

I also got round to fitting my brand new Hardrace front ARB and drop links, hopefully that should solve my previous issue of slight understeer.

My wheels haven't arrived yet, Driftworks told me they're due on the 10th but the plane is delayed Hopefully the next update is wheel related

Rides
    So my wheels have arrived, i am over the moon with them, gotta thank Driftworks for the great service and fast delivery.

The specs are as follows:

Work Meister S1R (2pc) 17x9.5 ET -15 (A disc) and 17x10 ET -13 (O disc) Gloss Bronze dish and Matte Gunmetal centres.

More pics to follow over the weekend.

Rides
    Those wheels are amazing.

Rides
    "SPOOOOOG!" lush wheels dude!

Rides
    very nice

Rides
    Proper specs on those wheels... checked your brake clearance?