Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 180sx Type X S13 FAP

Rides
    Cars been running well, so popped up to Santa Pod to try the 1/4 mile out.

Turns out i'm pretty bad at launching off the lights, couldn't hook it up at all and either bogged down or span up to the limiter, my best run was a 13.2 @ 114mph.

No pics or vids unfortunately

Rides
    I bought a garage Defend cooling panel at christmas and totally forgot about it, i'd left it at my painters as i wanted it kuro black like the car, luckily its still in one piece!

Fitted it up, fits perfect as expected, and looks awesome.

Also here's a pic of the timing slip from my fastest run at pod.

Rides
    Absolutely stunning work mate. I might be being thick but what power level are you estimating you are at?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo_black View Post
    Absolutely stunning work mate. I might be being thick but what power level are you estimating you are at?
    I'm gonna get it in the rolling road soon to find out ��

Rides
    So on tuesday i went from Oxford oop norf to Barnsley to visit the one and only Wardy88 aka APW engineering. We'd discussed sorting my exhaust out for a while and finally i had some time to take the car up there.

So I've gone for a twin rear box set up so i can have a big jap can with a turn down on it to pass noise regs, or a shotgun to be asbo. But i didn't want straight pipe so opted to have a small box on the shotgun to take the edge off the noise a bit. I also asked Andy to make me a dump pipe for the wastegate back into the exhaust on a v band, so i can run a screamer pipe or have it back into the exhaust now!

Couple of pics to show the turn down on the car, not to everyone's taste but most people hated my old exhaust so this is definitely better lol.

And a couple of pics of the shotgun.

The shotgun sounds amazing on full chat and the turn down is perfect noise level for cruising long distance and will pass most noise regs at track days so its happy days all round!

Rides
    That looks awesome can you pm me the price please? Might have to take a trim up there

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Car looks lovely as always.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboi200sx View Post
    That looks awesome can you pm me the price please? Might have to take a trim up there

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk
    You're best off messaging him yourself mate to get a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Car looks lovely as always.
    Thanks

Rides
    This weekend my mate popped up again in his R33 and we fitted a new clutch line removing the dampener completely, much nicer pedal feel now. I also had a braided line laying around, previously already removed the dampener with the driftworks line but as it used the oem copper line it wasn't as tidy, so a nice new HEL one fitted on and bled up nicely.

Also i had a lovely surprise last week when my front works finally turned up, quick check on the car and they fit perfectly thank god! These are 17x9.5 ET0 in R disk fitment. Tyres going on when i get back from Monza next week!

I also cleaned up a fresh oem gearbox mount so APW can make me a bracket that the exhaust will bolt onto the mount as the flexi i have in the system causes too much wobble in the exhaust so need a bit more rigidity!

Rides
    Quick picture of the gearbox mount APW made for me last weekend. Looks and fits great!

Finally got my works on and they sit nicely on the front, no problems with fitment this time and no damage from tyre fitting lol.

Now i just need to decide on a wing.

John aka Oreo's has taken some proper pics of the car so will hopefully see them soon!

Rides
    SXOC Exclusive
    https://www.facebook.com/jonathandaltonphotography/
    Feel free to like my page

Rides
    I love the exhausts! Can't decide which I like more! Love this car

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboywill View Post
    I love the exhausts! Can't decide which I like more! Love this car
    Haha thanks man, the turn down is quite marmite, i love it, and it serves a purpose as well as it makes the car quite nice to drive on long runs, i don't have to have the radio really high and the drones not as bad as before. But the shotguns sound epic and makes the bangs and flames mega lol.

Oh and big thanks to John aka Oreo's for snapping the car the other day, bit impromptu but i wish i cleaned it!

Rides

Couple from Japshow Finale.

Rides
    Couple more shots from Japshow Finale popped up.

Couple of weeks ago i attended Abingdon Airfield for a trackday organised by Pointz, there was a few SXOC'ers there and it was a good day, started off quite cold and damp but turned out into a nice sunny day, lots of grip in the end. The car went really well i, i think i should of played around with the damping on the coilovers and the tyre pressures a bit more but definitely something to build on and very happy with how the car performed. Got some awesome shots too!

Rides
    One of my favorite cars on hear it looks amazing you have done a great job

Rides
    Love the track day pictures. It looks very purposeful on track.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chris shrewsbury View Post
    One of my favorite cars on hear it looks amazing you have done a great job
    Thanks mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by rich_ View Post
    Love the track day pictures. It looks very purposeful on track.
    Just needs a wing now

Rides
    Did another trackday at Ouletn Park yesterday. It was very greasy and damp and the car did not like the conditions at all, very twitchy under braking and i was suffering really badly with understeer in the chicanes. Then all of a sudden the car snapped round on me at the first corner just after the apex when applying throttle and i was a passenger into the tyres. Pretty gutted that i lost it and it was a shit way to lose it as well with no control what so ever, never felt it snap round so hard before.

Anyway the cars not badly damaged, just got a scuff on the rear 1/4, front wing and bumper is cracked, tracking is out on the front a lot and i think the rear 1/4 has taken a knock somewhere as the driftshaft/diff makes a weird noise.

Will sort out pics soon.

Rides
    Gutted to hear that mate. At least you've got the winter to sort it hopefully nothing's to badly bent out of shape