Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 180sx Type X S13 FAP

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Proper specs on those wheels... checked your brake clearance?
    My SSR's were 9 ET3 on the front and they had a 5mm spacer to clear the calipers, but they weren't the brake clearance centre disc where as the works are the A disc which is the most curved they do apparently, the rear is O disc which is the next step down, they had no L disc which is almost flat.

I should have plenty of space with the front wings so i don't mind running a spacer to clear brakes

Rides
    Ahhh nice choice on wheels!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    This thread is a terrific read, you have done a great job on your 180. Kudos!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo_black View Post
    This thread is a terrific read, you have done a great job on your 180. Kudos!
    Thanks mate, while i appreciate you can't please everyone when modding your car but i'm glad people like the direction i'm taking it.

Rides
    Over the weekend i finished off the rear end of the car and built the handbrake mech up so i'm running a handbrake for the first in a year ish. When i bought the GTR brembo's they came with R33 cables which were too long and it took me a while to find some S13 ones, in the end i swapped the R33 cables with LED Sandwich

Rides
    Good job i bought overfenders! lol.

Rides
    Remember giving this a good look over at the shows last year. Looking forward to seeing it again!

Rides
    Pic courtesy of Driftworks of my wheels, mega dish on both!

Rides
    Very nice dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    excellent choice on the wheels can see it looking so good,very doing it right

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    excellent choice on the wheels can see it looking so good,very doing it right
    I need a slip on spacer for the fronts, and the tyres are a little fatter than anticipated, so hopefully i don't need to run too much camber on the front as i'd ideally like a decent grip set up.

Rides
    Lots of progress has been made recently, but no pics yet

Oh other than this one...

Rides
    Bloody teeeez! Not even a nip slip!.

Rides
    So following on from my last update, i tried my best to get the car ready for Japfest but alas i ran out of time. I had a problem which i will explain below!

So a month of so ago i took my car to have the rear arches tubbed and overfenders fitted, i also had my front wings, bonnet and front bumper painted at the same time. Whilst that was happening my engine went through open heart surgery. A nice new Cosworth headgasket was fitted coupled with arp head studs, The cylinder head was fitted with some Tomei PonCams, Valve springs and rocker stoppers. I had a few wiring related bits removed and relocated (abs wiring removed, ignitor relocated). Battery tray cut out and intercooler pipe hole enlarged for better access. Anyway...

So after all that was completed the car was delivered back to me, i was over the moon with the work carried out on the arch tubbing and fender fitting, the paintwork i am also pleased with considering it was what i consider cheap and done to a great standard. I then had a chance to assemble the rest of the car together.

I then set about putting the turbo set up on, with some new oil and water lines, i also blocked the straight cam water return and used a s14 water neck for the return instead. I then installed a brand new oem water pump coupled with a Yashio factory waterpump pulley and a RB26 viscous fan and clutch for extra coolings!

I then put a new K&N oil filter on, filled the gearbox up with Redline MT90, stuck some Fuchs titan race pro 5w40 oil in the engine, some oem coolant with added water watter additive and went for a fire up!

And nothing happened... Just a 'click'. So i went searching and found a loose earth, sweet i thought, Stuck that on and 'click'. More searching finds a missing earth, so i decided to make 2 brand new ones just to be sure, i also checked the battery wiring from the boot to the bay and found that one of the connectors was loose. So wiring now perfect and checked i go for a start again.

Engine just splutters and struggles to catch and then dies. So i start looking through the ignition wiring, checking the ignitor, coil packs etc etc. Someone mentioned cas so i checked that and hey presto the cas was one tooth out, easily done, as the dots line up, just 1 tooth out. It took me many attempts to line it up on the right tooth but now its done it started and fired up like a dream, all be it with no exhaust so quite loudly.

1 tooth out

Correct position

No leaks to report so engine seems good to go. Added my Tomei spark plug cover and a cheeky sticker and the bay is done!

Fitted up my front Dmax wings, the fitment is much higher quality than what i've seen in the UK so far, and i had no trouble getting them to line up well. Got some OEM amber indicators from the US and fitted those too. Also fitted some super scene purple washers to secure the wings!

Unfortunately my koguchi bonnet was touching the engine with the first vent, so i need to do some fettling to make that fit right!

And my front wheels are too damn wide. I think i slightly overestimated the ET so for now i will need to run more camber than i wanted, but i will sort that out at some point.

Now i just need to get the front bumper on, bleed the clutch, test the car and go and sort the exhaust out and get wheel alignment then sort out mapping!

Rides
    Oh and ignore my messy unit, i'm really unorganised when working on cars

Rides
    Wow, those wheels look great with the tyres mounted. Let's see it on the floor

Does that R33 have a massive blended wing, or am I imagining things?!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Wow, those wheels look great with the tyres mounted. Let's see it on the floor

Does that R33 have a massive blended wing, or am I imagining things?!
    Proper pics this weekend mate! need to sort the ride heights and wheel alignment out first.

Yes the R33 belongs to a mate who popped up to boost leak test the RB. The wing was blended in and the cars vinyl wrapped.

Rides
    Well i was supposed to get the car off the axle stands last week, but it turns out i have a wheel fitment issue on the front which is basically i messed up on my offset measurements a bit, i'm gonna need too much camber on the front to make the front wheels fit so i've made quite an expensive mistake, i need to order another pair with higher offset, i will also get the biggest brake clearance disk work do for the meisters because A disk means i have to run a spacer for the caliper which is again another problem. Oh well you live and learn.

Moving on, i fitted the front bumper up and make sure everything worked on the front. the bonnet still needs fettling to make fit as well, i also need to fit aero catched but not sure i'll have time before japday for this so may not have the koguchi bonnet on for japday.

Also stuck a pair of my ssr's on the front to get the car off axle stands and check rear wheel fitment, which is bang on Got a couple of squeaks and rattles while the engines running i need to investigate, which isn't great, but i'll see what they turn out to be lol.

Excuse the filthy car, its not been cleaned since November!

Also got a Alcantara gear gaiter fitted up to replace the crap oem one, fits nice i'm happy with how it looks!

Rides
    So much love for this car man, was a pretty much perfect 180 before. Looking pretty beasty now though.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by j180 View Post
    So much love for this car man, was a pretty much perfect 180 before. Looking pretty beasty now though.
    I know what you mean mate, sometimes i think i should never of changed what it was before, but as much as i loved it i just felt like i wanted a change.