Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GTR vs a big lazy camaro V8, Surely theres no contest!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Doesn't do a lot for me, TBH. I can think of at least 5 cars in the same price bracket I'd rather buy / own

I've always been obsessed with the R34. I was lucky enough to test drive a GT-R Vspec a in 2009, and to this day its still the hardest accelerating thing I've ever driven. Sure, there's quicker accelerating cars, but the way they pull through the gears is just witchcraft.

Rides
    Ok Prior

Rides
    bring a ZR1 to the party and the gtr will piss its self! ZR1 rules all

Rides
    I'm going to probably get slated for saying this but I think V8s sound horrible, I would much rather listen to Turbos spinning up and dump valves hissing and flames on over run. And I agree with the above statement that the R34 GT-R is the holy grail for me.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by *alansx* View Post
    I'm going to probably get slated for saying this but I think V8s sound horrible, I would much rather listen to Turbos spinning up and dump valves hissing and flames on over run. And I agree with the above statement that the R34 GT-R is the holy grail for me.
    Then it is time you came out of the closet, Alan. Only people who's idea of heaven is to settle down on a sofa to watch Sex in the City would prefer the sound of a washing machine on fast spin.

I only have one beef with the Camaro. Its LHD. Ford are bringing a RHD, RWD V8 to the UK for the price of a secondhand GTR which just goes to show that what the Yanks are doing isn't all wrong.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Then it is time you came out of the closet, Alan. Only people who's idea of heaven is to settle down on a sofa to watch Sex in the City would prefer the sound of a washing machine on fast spin.
    That's such a thing Samantha would say.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by *alansx* View Post
    That's such a thing Samantha would say.
    Who?

Women can't get involved with their washing machines any more. A mates mum used to have to sit on hers to stop it wandering around the kitchen. Early front loaders had to be bolted down.

Women don't like smooth running V8's or sewing machine V6's. Mate wasn't allowed to have anything other than a BMW Boxer flat twin.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    ...A mates mum used to have to sit on hers to stop it wandering around the kitchen...
    That was her story

Rides
    It used to be easy. People would talk about American muscle and it was easy to just say "leafspings" "heavy" and "can't corner".

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stoofer View Post
    It used to be easy. People would talk about American muscle and it was easy to just say "leafspings" "heavy" and "can't corner".
    I had a couple of Mustangs in the late 90s/early 00s and they worked well as daily cars, they were cheap and they handled a darn sight better than most "ordinary" US cars including Jap imports.

I just think most people like to pigeonhole stuff without actually trying it.

I'm looking forward to Ford bringing the new one over and if Chevy did a RHD manual Corvette, I'd be all over it but then, I've no plans to go to the Nurburgring in any car any time soon.