Thread: what would be the best track day wheel nuts and rear pads??

Rides

what would be the best track day wheel nuts and rear pads??

hello. my car will soon be ready for the first track day most of the car is ready only few things i'm not too sure about. first thing would be the nuts, the ones i have now (i'd like to mention that the weels are the r33 gtr 17's) are light alloy ones that have been removed tens of times and there are some signs of thread strip so these must go. but what should i replace them with? i'm thinking steel nuts of driftworks for instance or should i go for some lighter job nuts like those gt50's, i'm after strenght and durability not about looks??or something else. i'd like to know your opinions on those please. and also i'm after some pads for the stock rear brakes, should i stay stock as rears don't do as much braking as fronts or get something like red stuffs for example? thanks in advance

Rides
    Steel nuts, DW ones are fine, mine have been off hundreds of times and are still good.

Rides
    What pads you got on the front? You always want the slightly better brakes on the front so the rear end doesn't lock up under heavy braking and overtaking you. I'm just about to put r33 gtst callipers and stoptech pads on the front and red stuff pads on stock rear discs.

Rides
    i have mintex 1155's on stock calipers and 330mm discs on the front. i was going to get stock pads for the rear's as a chap from camskill where I bought mintex pads advised me but I have not made my mind yet, hence this thread.