Thread: 2Manifold studs behind turbo

Rides

2Manifold studs behind turbo

Anyone know of a simple way of tightening the2 manifold bolts behind the turbo on a ca18det (2 bottom right)
    Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Stubby or a cut down spanner, or a crows foot can be used.

Best solution is to find a small child, offer them candy to reach in there and do it for you. Nissan clearly had mechanics with small ****ing hands when they designed the manifold.

In all honesty tho i find it easier to do the last 2 from underneath, theres **** all room regardless and its a matter of trying different techniques/angles.

Rides
    Thanks for the reply. And Hahaha iv been saying the same thing. Need to lube up the arm. Haha.
    So ur saying I should tighten the rest then attempt them.
    Iv only had one stud on top holding manifold in.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Thats what ive done in the past with no issues. Bolted down what i had access to, then cut down a spanner and do a mixture of reach around the turbo and laying underneath.

Regardless of what tools you have etc its a ****ing pig of a job, hence why im going top mount

Rides
    there is no easy way !!!
    unless you have your head out or whole engine out
    a spanner with a 90 degree twist in the middle works

Rides
    Had the same issue. As advised above, you'll need to get under the car. I found it best to crane my neck up to the bolts, whilst lying under the turbo side of the car and then leaning back down (towards the rear of the car) and tightening with my right hand and kinda looking away as I did it. If that makes any sense. You can do it but be prepared fro hand cramp and tirades of swearing.
    Here's the link to my question re the stud tightening: http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...old&highlight=
    Oh and a ratcheted spanner would have helped! ps they are on sale at Halfrauds currently.
    Last edited by Tanuki; 14-04-2014 at 12:39.