Thread: Shock Horror

Rides

Shock Horror

So further news showing how corrupt the bidding process for the world cup is.

As if we didn't already realise it was a ****ing joke anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26629152

Qatar's World Cup organising committee has defended its bid to host the 2022 tournament following newspaper claims casting doubt on the process.

Former Fifa vice-president Jack Warner and his family were paid more than £1m by a company owned by an ex-football official from Qata

The newspaper claims Warner and his sons appear to have been paid £1.2m by a company owned by Mohamed Bin Hammam.
    Some of the payments were allegedly made shortly after Qatar won the right to host the 2022 World Cup.

Rides
    I think everyone knew this as soon as the country was revealed... We put in a fantastic bid and already have the infrastructure in place yet we lose to a country who has lots more money, corruption is commonplace and to a country who didn't even take into account how hot the temperature will be when the World Cup will be run...

But as they say.... money talks....

Rides
    Didn't we loose out to Russia? I thought Japan lost out to Qatar.

IIRC Japan's bid involved setting up holographic projectors in a number of major stadiums around the world, and then streaming the hologram of the game being played onto the pitch to give the illusion the game was being played there

That bid was rejected in favour of 50 degrees, a country without stadiums and by the looks of things shocking human rights violations.

Rides
    So.... what now...? Bid to pass to USA or will UK actually get the bid as we deserve..?

Rides
    Nowt will happen, someone will be handed an envelope full of pictures of the queen and it will all go quiet.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    I wonder whether this might be something to do with the fact they have also realised that a country thats melting hot and where beer, shouting, homosexuality and unmarried couples are all illegal may not be the best place to hold a World Cup. Not to mention their total lack of football history of course.

In a Keegan style, I would love it if the bid process opened again but I cant see it happening
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    They also said because of the heat it would be held Nov/Dec, well thats all the European seasons fooked for that year

Its as dodgy as fook as no one in their right mind would give a summer football comp to Qatar (or anyone else in the middle east)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I'm surprised the figure of $3m is all thats being banded about, is that all it takes to buy the world cup??

I recon truckloads more cash were used, and a bunch went to the bent shit-hole African countries, where corruption is more a perk of the job than an actual problem.