Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So where's this plane then?

Rides

So where's this plane then?

Didn't take much notice of this for the first few days but as times goes by I'm becoming more and more engrossed. Has it landed somewhere and everyone's fine? Is it terrorist or ransom related? Reading about the backgrounds of both pilots doesn't suggest that they had any real strong motives to to do anything malicious.

Just weird. How can planes just disappear?

JAPOKYO! cos im made of special! (Nuneaton)
    Rides
    Is it not most likely it crashed into the sea for some reason ? Its so sad, poor people and their families
    Its gone!

Rides
    Today's official statements say that it is now known the plane had its transponder switched off, and it is now known to have continued flying west for quite some time afterwards. Hence the question I think.

It's an odd one for sure, although I also think it will be underwater, somewhere west of Vietnam

Rides
    Is it possible some body nicked the plane? I mean You hear of people nicking ferraris and lambos and just about everything else a plane must be worth a fortune in bits....

I know one thing I would have done it tried checking the gps on the phones of people on the plane

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    Is it possible some body nicked the plane? I mean You hear of people nicking ferraris and lambos and just about everything else a plane must be worth a fortune in bits....

I know one thing I would have done it tried checking the gps on the phones of people on the plane
    This was my first thought. Track the phones of the passengers on the plane. I'm sure the NSA could do that no problem.

Personally I think its going to be in the middle east, pakistan, iran, afgan, somewhere crashed into a mountain.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ratgreen View Post
    This was my first thought. Track the phones of the passengers on the plane. I'm sure the NSA could do that no problem.

Personally I think its going to be in the middle east, pakistan, iran, afgan, somewhere crashed into a mountain.

You would think that they watch everything everyone body does yet that can't find a 200 foot plane :/? #wasteofmoney #wasteoftime

Rides
    Aliens.

Got my tin foil hat ready and everything.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ratgreen View Post

There are places with terrible mobile reception in the middle of the UK. There are probably even less cell towers 20,000 ft down in the middle of the Indian ocean.

Rides
    They stated passengers phones were still ringing. .

Phones don't continue to ring at the bottom of an ocean.

Not everyone has a Sony Xperia

Rides
    its in a deserted airfield in some Asian dessert/jungle ..... the whole story reaks of a John Travolta movie

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ryry92 View Post
    They stated passengers phones were still ringing. .

Phones don't continue to ring at the bottom of an ocean.

Not everyone has a Sony Xperia
    If you were one of my mates and had said that to me, I would have pulled what I can only describe as my "mong face"

Just ask yourself this. Who is there to hear the phone ringing and why, if they can hear the phone ringing, have they not told the world where they are? .

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    its in a deserted airfield in some Asian dessert/jungle ..... the whole story reaks of a John Travolta movie
    Asian dessert you say?

(just pulling your leg Johnny )
    Last edited by Cluck; 16-03-2014 at 08:19.

Rides
    I think it's in Iran being prepared as a nuclear weapon to detonate over Tel Aviv

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    I think it's in Iran being prepared as a nuclear weapon to detonate over Tel Aviv
    Iran is working hard at getting sanctions lifted or reduced.

I'll say North Korea is the mad dog. Bit it's best friend? 152 Chinese aboard.
    Last edited by skyshack; 16-03-2014 at 10:47.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Is this not what a random American news outlet is saying?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    [QUOTE=Cluck;6552213] If you were one of my mates and had said that to me, I would have pulled what I can only describe as my "mong face"

Just ask yourself this. Who is there to hear the phone ringing and why, if they can hear the phone ringing, have they not told the world where they are?

Maybe . . You can't trust any government or media group these days

Tbh you never could..really.. could we?

Not meaning to start a cynical debate lol just intrigued

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Is this not what a random American news outlet is saying?
    There are loads of theories...

Latest seems to be that the pilot was a political activist and that it has something to do with the arrest of Anwar Ibrahim.

Rides
    I recon its been nicked and has landed somewhere way way from where it vanished.
    Too many things have happened in too much of a deliberate sequence for this to be a simple blow it up job.
    Why fly on to various way-points if you just wanted to crash the plane (ie pilot suicide), why turn off all identification kit if you just wanted it destroyed.
    There has also been no word on the contents of its hold.

As for the phones ringing, means nothing as a lot of carriers will send a ring tone back if the phone is off/out of range.

Rides
    Agree to the above aircraft has been stolen, will be used in the future for some suicide mission :-( . Or if it's cargo was insanely expensive it could be a robbery although that does sound far fetched.

Rides
    Solved it !!! 'Jen you whine' footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSumUKg72nI
    or the other weird thing is the plane in question is the 404th Boeing 777 produced
    And strangely HTTP 404 error means not found !! coincedence ?? maybe
    I recon they are getting anal probed good a proper with the anal Intruder and they will appear on a raft somewhere looking very Dazed and confused

Rides
    Thing is though, if it was stolen... well there are far easier ways to get a plane for filling full of bad stuff to be crashed.
    You just need to order in a widebody cargo plane, it will even come to you and then you can stuff it full of what ever bad stuff you want to crash into things.
    No need to go buggering about with passengers, fancy tracking electronics or stuff like that on a 777.

I am almost sure its on an airstrip somewhere, its not going to be Iran as the yanks would turn the place to glass if they pulled a stunt like this.
    The only one bonkers and clever enough to really do this is NK and surely they would know how much of a blasting they would get when the world found out.