Thread: damp footwells

Rides

damp footwells

Front footwells get damp, anyone know of any common places to get leaky. Its on the outside towards the sills. Drains are all clear, and its definitly not the heater core or air con.

Rides
    What about the wiring grommets that go from the doors Into the body of the car.the front doors have membranes on if they are torn it will also let water/dampness inside.

Rides
    Most likely rust holes in your footwell, sorry to say. I welded up my passenger side. You can see the holes in my new build thread (Kermit s13). I will stick up the pics of the repair when I get a chance. http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...)-Alive-Thread

Rides
    no rust holes in the footwells. Ive rebuilt all 4 jacking points and fixed every single rust patch. its coming in above. the wiring grommets are bone dry. its like its coming down the sloping bit of the footwell. Its not in the sills they are bone dry inside. im wondering if there is a place it can get in through the scuttle panel drains, both of these are clean btw.

Rides
    Usually it's the rear lights that's the cause. Try re-sealing them and if the footwells are still getting wet after that look elsewhere.