Thread: Creaking from OSF help!

Rides

Creaking from OSF help!

Hey everyone,

I've got a creak when going over bumps (even slight bumps) and when turning the steering wheel, even when stationary. It only does it when there is load, so when the car is jacked up withe wheels off the ground it doesn't do it. I have got Coilovers and uprated traction control arms on the front.

So I'm guessing its one of these two components but which one?
    I've obviously had the car aligned to the mitto set up, so if I were to remove the OSF Coilover and tc arm to check them would that mess up the alignment?

The Coilovers are meister zeta r with 32 way adjustable if that's of any help.

Any advice and help appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by mmarques; 04-03-2014 at 07:02.

Rides
    I had the same problems. Mine ended up being the front drivers side strut top mount. The bearing had worn. £45 for a KYB replacement. I am unsure if coilovers fit normal strut top bearings. You way want to consider Pillowball top mounts as an upgrade at this time. (Assuming you have the same problem).

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Con2K View Post
    I had the same problems. Mine ended up being the front drivers side strut top mount. The bearing had worn. £45 for a KYB replacement. I am unsure if coilovers fit normal strut top bearings. You way want to consider Pillowball top mounts as an upgrade at this time. (Assuming you have the same problem).
    Would I have to strip the coilover down to see if the top mount bearing has worn? What are pillow ball mounts? Is it just a straight swap? Would I have to get them from meister dealer? Thanks.

Rides
    Ps I think the meister Coilovers I have are pillow ball top mounts.

Rides
    I'm on KYB Shocks and springs. I'm afraid I have no idea about coilover fitment, associated top mounts or their requirements. Sorry mate. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to lend a hand but it gives you something to think about in the meantime.

Rides
    I'm on KYB Shocks and springs. I'm afraid I have no idea about coilover fitment, associated top mounts or their requirements. Sorry mate. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to lend a hand but it gives you something to think about in the meantime.
    Yeh I'm on Coilovers mate, thanks anyway, hopefully someone will pop along shortly.

Rides
    Can anyone help?

Rides
    Should I just strip the OSF coilover then??

Rides
    Anyone have this problem before I strip the coilover down?

Rides
    surprised at lack of replies mate - I assume you've searched for historic threads on same subject?

Rides
    surprised at lack of replies mate - I assume you've searched for historic threads on same subject?
    Yeah I'm pretty surprised too with the lack of replies, however I thought I'd give an update as I hate it when you search for a thread and they never give a result at the end of the thread.

Update: so I took the OSF coilover off, stripped it down, cleaned every little bit of dirt and rust, greased all bits that make contact, put it back together and voila, happiest man ever! Such a relief not eating that noise