Thread: Nats2

Rides

Nats2

posting this on behalf of my mate as he was having trouble getting on his account... and info would be appreciated.

Hi guys having a problem with my S14A. It's an 1998 on an R reg so has the nats2 which is in the ecu I believe. Before I bought the car in 2010 the previous owner had to get the nats synced before I picked it up because it wasn't reading the key. Sometime it would take a few attempts to start even after being synced. The car also has a Clifford alarm if that makes any difference.

The car has been off the road for a couple of years getting a new engine fitted and some bodywork done and I'm now trying to get it on the road problem is it won't start.

The car has a Horsham Developments stage 3 ecu. When the ignition is on the ecu light on the dash is constantly flashing. The car will start and run first turn of the key but only for 5 seconds or so then won't start at all after just keep turning over. I have used ecutalk with the consult cable and get 2 errors seen below in this pic. First one is there before attempting to start the car then the other appears after it's started and shuts down.

I have attempted to resync the nats using the software from Horsham developments but it stops working halfway through saying program not responding/not working or something along them lines.

I've contacted a local auto locksmith but he didn't inspire me with much confidence ,when I spoke to him on the phone he seemed a bit clueless about nissans.

What's my options on getting this car working? Is it possible to send my ecu away and get the nats removed from it or will I have to get an s14 ecu without the integrated nats and get my H-Dev chip switched over but then I'm led to believe I'll need to change to a s14 wiring loom aswell?

Any advice would be much appreciated because I'm at a loss on what to do.

Thanks in advance

Rides
    I can remove NATS if you send me the ecu. Although it will still think there is an issue and the LED will flash, the immobiliser won't work