Thread: turbo manifold

Rides

turbo manifold

after a long search iv managed to buy a written off 200sx, it has s14 engine a 5 speed box, it has several xtra's but as normal i want more, iv been looking a tubular turbo manifolds on ebay, there about £100, some are top mount which i fancy, i assume i will need a new exhaust, is there any benefits or is it just for looks, iv also seen some elbows what gains will these give, im new to 4pot turbos as iv done mostly v8 cars but fancy a change, cheers steve

Rides
    The vast majority of top mount manifolds of eBay are also T3 fitment, so if your planning on the standard turbo it won't be a direct fit

Rides
    been told its t28, dose that sound right,

Rides
    £100 manifolds are not worth the metal they're made of.

With your standard turbo, T28, stick with the factory manifold. There are no gains to be had.

Rides
    Wouldn't bother with top mount with a t28 and stock ecu it really messes up the maf having a top mount set up so really you could do with a new ecu with a map sensor.

Rides
    And it costs a lot more than you would think to do a top mount and do it properly.

Rides
    right cheers, iv been told its chipped to stage one, i think the maf sensor is missing, i see some people have run with out them? the car i have has a apexi boost controler, there are a few bits missing but i have pretty much every thing engine wise, maf sensor maybe there but dont remember seeing it, if it has gone should i buy a standered replacement or upgrade

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie.t View Post
    right cheers, iv been told its chipped to stage one, i think the maf sensor is missing, i see some people have run with out them? the car i have has a apexi boost controler, there are a few bits missing but i have pretty much every thing engine wise, maf sensor maybe there but dont remember seeing it, if it has gone should i buy a standered replacement or upgrade
    A Nissan ECCS ECU won't run over 2000rpm without the AFM, it goes into "limp home".

There are devices that can simulate the AFM input from a MAP sensor, inlet temp sensor, throttle position and rpm. But they have to be calibrated somehow and then you have 2 maps to interact and can't tell which needs correcting.

An upgrade AFM requires a new chip with a new AFM VQ map. Unlike the DIY map in a MAP sensor device these are obtained by ripping them from the source Nissan chip. ND stage 3 chip has a VQ map for a 300ZX AFM.

Rides
    right cheers, looks like ill be getting a maf sensor if its missing, thanks for the replies

Rides
    Shouldn't cost you a lot of money bud, they're basically worthless. A few kicking around in our 'For Sale' section here at the moment last time I checked.

Rides
    ok thanks, must say im new to here but felling at home all ready