Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CA, Pictures!

Rides
    Oh my god i just had a trouser explosion to that tomei exhaust. Might have to get my wallet out, again. ****!!!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    Oh my god i just had a trouser explosion to that tomei exhaust. Might have to get my wallet out, again. ****!!!!!
    'Tis very much beautiful, although fitting it was not an enjoyable experience trying not to scratch it

Rides
    Also just read it from start to finish. Great project and looking forward to hearing what that exhaust sounds like!!!

Rides

Project CA, Pictures!

Hello from Bulgaria, currently on a skiing holiday but I'd thought I'd keep you lot updated, got a little mock up picture of my wheels today , these are the fronts as the rears have half inch more dish,

Last edited by maff_1991; 12-01-2016 at 19:50. Reason: Shit spelling

Rides
    They look awesome, but they're gonna be such an arse to keep clean lol, I hated keeping my ssr's clean and that was just the dish, not the whole wheel.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    They look awesome, but they're gonna be such an arse to keep clean lol, I hated keeping my ssr's clean and that was just the dish, not the whole wheel.
    I'll just make sure I wipe them off on a regular basis, will make it easier in the leg term

Here's a few more of the finished product

Rides
    Did you manage to sort the problem with your exhaust mate? Those wheels look amazeballs!!

Rides
    If they were 4-stud, they'd be going missing the first night you left the car out

Rides

Project CA, Pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Did you manage to sort the problem with your exhaust mate? Those wheels look amazeballs!!
    Haven't had the chance to check it out because I've been on holiday, need a CA elbow to check it really, going to have to buy one
    Last edited by maff_1991; 17-01-2016 at 13:02.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    If they were 4-stud, they'd be going missing the first night you left the car out
    And this is why I'm going for a super ridiculous expensive alarm system lol

Rides
    And 4 different locking wheel nuts on each wheel??!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by integra View Post
    And 4 different locking wheel nuts on each wheel??!
    You should know what elbow it has!

Rides
    Soooo I was meant to be working on the car today.....

But instead I went out and bought this

Rides
    Love the choice of daily mate. Got a pre facelift one D5 in black. Absolutely fantastic cars. Although not happy I got a puncture on my way home today on one of my brand new pirellies.

S13's coming on now and excited to see them wheels on!!

Rides
    I did take a look at these not long ago as I think they're quite pretty but they seem to command a lot of dough for what they are and insurance isn't cheap.

Rides

Project CA, Pictures!

I've always liked them since they first come out, got a D4 as I hate autos and tiptronics and the D5 only comes as an auto 🏼

It's a lot of car for the money I think, mines fully loaded, sat nav, leather heated and electric seats, climate control, cruise control, surround sound stereo, 18" alloys, parking aid, can't really remember everything and I only paid £8,500 for it which I didn't think was too shabby at all

Insurance seemed to be dirt cheap for me, cheaper than my 1.2 Petrol 2006 corsa well actually it was half of what the corsa was to insure and the Volvo is a 2L 175bhp diesel
    Last edited by maff_1991; 24-01-2016 at 14:51.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by maff_1991 View Post
    I've always liked them since they first come out, got a D4 as I hate autos and tiptronics and the D5 only comes as an auto 🏼

It's a lot of car for the money I think, mines fully loaded, sat nav, leather heated and electric seats, climate control, cruise control, surround sound stereo, 18" alloys, parking aid, can't really remember everything and I only paid £8,500 for it which I didn't think was too shabby at all

Insurance seemed to be dirt cheap for me, cheaper than my 1.2 Petrol 2006 corsa well actually it was half of what the corsa was to insure and the Volvo is a 2L 175bhp diesel
    Unsure about the facelift model but my D5 is a manual as I didn't like they sapped the torque down for the auto box but it was like rocking horse shit to find. Either way D4 has the almost the same power and may be a little bit lighter anyway. You got that for a good price to be honest mate. Like it!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by milsom93 View Post
    Unsure about the facelift model but my D5 is a manual as I didn't like they sapped the torque down for the auto box but it was like rocking horse shit to find. Either way D4 has the almost the same power and may be a little bit lighter anyway. You got that for a good price to be honest mate. Like it!
    I lied, just read up and the D5 facelift does come in manual but pretty much said there they are very rare, all the ones I saw for sale were auto/geartronic and I really didn't fancy that

Yeah not much of a difference considering the cc increase

Been looking at remapping mine already, can increase it from 175 to 220 in one hit with no bolt on mods

Rides
    The biggest difference will be in torque... but imo you buy a diesel for economy and the D4 smashes the D5 in economy!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    not my cup of tea sort of car,the creature comforts do nothing for me, but I bet it makes a fat dollop of torque when re mapped
    not a diesel fan either,but can't deny it makes good power numbers