Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So who is the SXOC'r working for C4's "Restoration Man"?

Rides
    In NX it's Edit>Transform>Scale. That's in 8.5 but it's an old-style menu so I can't see it being much different on earlier versions

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmet***asket View Post
    Excellent find - I feel a scalextric car coming on Just need to do lots of measuring and find out how to scale a DXF as I've yet to have to do that with NX....
    Forgive my complete lack of knowledge with this... how can you make a Scalextric car using that drawing on the site..?

Rides
    well a couple of ways but one that springs to mind is to use that image to create a 3d printed model out of plastic using a scalextric car mounting points, size etc

Rides
    Basically what 59Bhp says, I'd have to take the model - remove bit's I don't want and scale it to suit my needs then talk really nicely to someone in our rapid prototyping department
    This might prove more successful after I've redesigned one of the display pieces as I've sort of promised to do...
    If I thought I could get away with it then I'd have it done in titanium so I had an indestructible scalextric car

Rides
    Needs more V8

v8.jpg

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronster! View Post
    Forgive my complete lack of knowledge with this... how can you make a Scalextric car using that drawing on the site..?
    Skins the surface by offseting inwards, keeps the skin, throws the rest way to gut the interior, puts Scalextric mounts in place and then some webs to attach them to the skin.

Don't ask me to do it, it's about 5 years since I did NX training and I haven't really used it since. Only company PLM rules demanded I had to do it to get access to Teamcenter and have a 64Gb Dell T5600 with 2x 8 core cpu put on my desk. 300,000 node FEA makes it hum.