Thread: Stupid situation... Help...!

Rides

Stupid situation... Help...!

So I have lost both sets of car keys to my black S13 and I need to move the car this weekend as moved house. I have a transporter coming but realised that the steering lock is on... I can open the doors but I won't be able to steer the car... Is there anything I can do to un-lock this? I have tried getting new keys but the guy Nissan use is not getting back to me so doubtful I can get any keys until next week..!

Also, does anyone know how I can get a set of 1994 200sx keys made as I don't have any to copy..?

Rides
    if you can open the doors take the casing off around the steering coloum/barrel and you can take the IGN barrel off which removes the steering lock if i recall they are snap off bolts that hold the IGN barrel on. so you need a punch and hammer to knock the bolts around might take you a while but thats what I did when the key snapped in the lock on my s14.

Rides
    What about disconnecting the steering shaft from the rack? would have to steer the car by kicking the front tyres though.

Rides
    Could hold an imprumptu SXOC meet at your house and have everyone with S13's try their keys till you find one that works. Worked at a rolling road day when someone locked their keys in the car.

Rides
    Forklift?

Seriously though, you could possibly get a recovery company to lift just the front & tow it for you that way? Use a trolley jack under the front to maneuver the car into position.

Rides
    Go to Machine Mart and buy a pair of wheel dollys:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...eel-dolly-pair

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty2Fatty View Post
    Could hold an imprumptu SXOC meet at your house and have everyone with S13's try their keys till you find one that works. Worked at a rolling road day when someone locked their keys in the car.
    Quality idea… ok everyone turn up at mine in Stanstead for S13 opening key competition. Free tea and Skittles are also available..!
    I like the idea of the wheel dolly too… not seen them before so will probably buy some tomorrow. Also does anyone know how I can get a set of keys made up, if possible..?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronster! View Post
    Quality idea… ok everyone turn up at mine in Stanstead for S13 opening key competition. Free tea and Skittles are also available..!
    I like the idea of the wheel dolly too… not seen them before so will probably buy some tomorrow. Also does anyone know how I can get a set of keys made up, if possible..?
    If you did find someone with the same key as you, then take it to get copied else I'm not sure to be honest, will there not be a barrel number on the ignition barrel if you remove it?

Think the wheel dolly idea is probably best.

I may have to head to stanstead to pick up my mate, but that won't be till Sunday which probably isn't any good, if I do you're welcome to try my keys if you want

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty2Fatty View Post
    I may have to head to stanstead to pick up my mate, but that won't be till Sunday which probably isn't any good, if I do you're welcome to try my keys if you want
    Mate I would appreciate that… the car will be about 10 mins from Stanstead airport, in Bishops Stortford… If you are free for 10 mins, please feel free to come over..!
    07877 275 659 Thanks man, I appreciate that..!

Rides
    Dollys are the best idea for moving it about, (actually meant to say you'd need a set on the rear to move the front about with a jack), but I thought you meant you had to move it to a different house? If the transporter has a winch, you 'might' get it up on 4 dollys, could be dodgy though...