Thread: Greetings from The US .....

s14240sxbn6

Greetings from The US .....

Hey im new to the forums and i was wondering if i could get some information on a rear bumber UK Spec for a S14 200sx . i was wondering if you guys have any pictures of your fog lights /deflectors or what ever . i want to see the wiring for it , and how it lights up thanks !!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Welcome are you talking about the fog lights that come in the standard euro spec bumper? I've got my bumper off at the moment so can take pictures if you like
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Welcome to the club.
    YOu guys in the states love our euro bumpers ( when we dont like them)
    We love your JDM/USDM bumpers (take it you dont like them..)

There are 2 lights in the rear surround, although one is a blank.

I may have some pictures of how i wired in the fog light. WIll get back to you.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Got this, what do you need to see?

Wiring on the car itself. the plug on the right. Excuse the rust

1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Welcome mate... defo good to see members from over the pond..! You've come to the right place for information but Forum rules state that for every question about S14 rear bumpers asked, you must post at least 2 pics of fit American Hooters girls..!

s14240sxbn6
    [QUOTE=Chriscooke;6537028]Got this, what do you need to see?

Thank you for the pictures well appreciated and lol yea the usdm rear is boring . jdm is nice but everyone in the states have them now . wow i just noticed you got a BN6 starfire blue pearl s14 i have one as well . in the states the s14s in this color is super rare . here is a pic of mine . anyway i bought a bumper froma junkyard in the uk and it was for cheap 100 usd only problem is the bumper is self was damaged but the license plate holder witht he lights were good . i was looking at the bumper and it looks just like the usdm bumper just with the license plate. so i took off the license plate with the euro lights . . so i will be retrofiting the plate into a usdm bumper .

s14240sxbn6
    lol i dont know if i have pics the size of american hooters girl ahha but i have a few posted below .

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    The bumpers are pretty much identical bar the additional cut outs as you say Should be simple enough to fit the number plate surround in your current set up

I'm currently doing the opposite and getting rid of the surround with a jdm bumper

s14240sxbn6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    The bumpers are pretty much identical bar the additional cut outs as you say Should be simple enough to fit the number plate surround in your current set up

I'm currently doing the opposite and getting rid of the surround with a jdm bumper

lol Wow that is something . in the picture though that looks alot like a usdm bumper . . but what do you think i should do about the wiring for the foglights on the plate because if you look in the picture of the license plate the green wire is suposed to power that one light and i dont think the us s14 has a outlet for that specific light . do you think i should splice it and run through my taillights . thanks again !

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    This bumper was off a jdm zenki Probably the same bumpers as the usdm ones Most can't wait to get rid of the plate surround over here as all the cars have them

Do the usdm cars have a fog light as standard? if they do you could re route that. I'm not sure what you would splice the feed from tbh as I'm shocking with auto electronics

s14240sxbn6
    This bumper was off a jdm zenki Probably the same bumpers as the usdm ones Most can't wait to get rid of the plate surround over here as all the cars have them

Do the usdm cars have a fog light as standard? if they do you could re route that. I'm not sure what you would splice the feed from tbh as I'm shocking with auto electronics
    Ohh its a zenki bumper . i should of catch on when i saw your navan spoiler . but in terms of the rear of the car no we dont have any foglights like the uk license plate what we do have is the license plate light bulbs right above the plate . do you have any pictures of your uk bumper with the lights on ? and how does it come on ? does it automatically come on when you turn on your headlights ?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I don't have any pics with the lights on. On the uk car only the right hand lens lights up and you use it by switching it on using a "fog light" switch on the center console. If you want them to come on with the tail lights then you could prob wire them up to the number plate lights although the fog lights don't have proper reflectors and will most likely be pretty bright.

Your car looks sweet, wish I could run mine as low as yours is but the roads around here suck.

Rides
    Our licence plate lights are right over the licence plate, comes on as soon as the sidelights / running lights are on.

Welcome!

s14240sxbn6
    I don't have any pics with the lights on. On the uk car only the right hand lens lights up and you use it by switching it on using a "fog light" switch on the center console. If you want them to come on with the tail lights then you could prob wire them up to the number plate lights although the fog lights don't have proper reflectors and will most likely be pretty bright.

Your car looks sweet, wish I could run mine as low as yours is but the roads around here suck.
    lol NY roads are terrible man i just lowered my car that day cause i was going to a meet . and thanks and yea i guess thats my only option thanks for all the help ! . Btw If this is your car than today is your lucky day because im currently going to college studying to be a car designer . and i used your car as a reference and drew it lol i even signed it

s14240sxbn6
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Our licence plate lights are right over the licence plate, comes on as soon as the sidelights / running lights are on.

Welcome!
    Greetings from the States !

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ha ha that's awesome, yep that's my car

Rides
    Top skillz

Rides
    Chriscooke has international fame,cool.