Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Liams S14a Ongoing project/reshell

Rides
    manifold and turbo setup look, is that how the turbo is going to sit once mounted? could just be the picture angle but looks to me that if you need to rotate the turbo you may run into some issues hitting the wastegate.

can't wait to see it all fitted

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    manifold and turbo setup look, is that how the turbo is going to sit once mounted? could just be the picture angle but looks to me that if you need to rotate the turbo you may run into some issues hitting the wastegate.

can't wait to see it all fitted
    Wastegate has been moved to face backwards as it touched the strut tower how it was and not sure on what the rotation will be like till I have it all bolted on the car

Rides
    Awesome to see you're still doing well with the new car dude I had you on FB ages ago (Mike Eldridge, I spoke to you a few times if you remember) but I deleted it.

Looking sweet nevertheless I'll keep checking back on here to see how it's going!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_je94 View Post
    Awesome to see you're still doing well with the new car dude I had you on FB ages ago (Mike Eldridge, I spoke to you a few times if you remember) but I deleted it.

Looking sweet nevertheless I'll keep checking back on here to see how it's going!
    Thanks o slow progress atm as very short on funds!

Rides
    ^^ Aren't we all!! :/ ^^

Rides
    Finally a little bit of progress....

Got the old manifold off

Picked up some tyres ready for the new wheels!

Picked up an absolute bargain off ebay, £77 for all this...

Then set about starting on the top mount

Bought a water temperature gauge from autosport

Bought new manifold studs and nuts, z32 fuel filter and a k&n oil filter

Sorted the hot pipe, just chopped up the old one and used some elbows I had. Will be running this to set car up then will be getting all custom made pipes with minimal silicone joiners

Air intake sorted

Also turns out I can get away with re using the old water lines just need a longer oil line and all sorted ready for downpipe and relocation of the power steering reservoir

Rides
    Engine bay looks the tits now Liam!! Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by milsom93 View Post
    Engine bay looks the tits now Liam!! Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh
    Should be even better once it's all done. Going to get it running first then start tidying it up properly

Rides
    Set about splitting the 3piece wheels I bought, they are asa wheels and do look like vskfs
    Here is what they looked like before

The are currently 18x8 et35 and 18x9 et35 so the plan is to strip them all, throw away the lips from the 8" wheel, put the lip from the 9 onto the other to make them 18x9 et10 then buy some larger lips for the other to make them 18x10 et10

Need to find a way to split the rims without damaging them, any suggestions?

Rides
    Little bit of progress today!

Put the new conceptua tuning manifold stud and nuts kit on

Then started mocking up where the power steering reservoir will sit

It's tie wrapped in so I could see how long the tubes need to be and what route they can take. Just need to fabricate some sort of bracket and get it mounted and the new tubes ordered!

Rides
    Mocked up my dial mount for the stack gauges

Then a photo of the bay

Still got the oil feed and drain to sort out then it can be sent to Wardy to sort the exhaust!

And can't decide if I should get rid of the abs, what are people's opinions??

Rides
    Thought it was about time I updated this a little.
    Not alot has happened as it's been my last year of university so had lots of work to do.

So here we go....

Firstly bought a seat as it came up cheap!

Started cleaning up the feet for the front strut brace
    Here is a before:

Polished up the air intake pipe as it was the only black one

Bought a new gearknob

And again, even though I have finished uni, I have had an operation as am immobile for a few week...

Rides
    So I have now finished uni

Graduated with a 2:1 honour degree in BEng automotive and Motorsport Engineering
    And the most important bit I have a job! Start next week

So tidied the garage today and made some progress on the Nissan

Finally got the custom oil drain from Wardy so that it clears the manifold

Then modified the loom so the ignition amp was away from the turbo so it shouldn't melt. Loom was stripped back to just under the abs and all the unused wires removed and re wrapped

More to follow soon!!!

Rides
    It's been do long since I last posted and in terms of progress on the Nissan not sloths happened unfortunately. So here goes!

Changed the fuel filter to a Z32 unit as it was due a new filter and a bigger one can't hurt!

Got rid of the pink ssqv and painted it a nice clean silver

Brought it out of the garage and gave it a quick clean

Mounted the rear strut brace and cut the parcel shelf so it still fits

Moved the Nissan to the new house

Preped a spare engine to make a coffee table

Mounted the power steering reservoir and made some custom lines to fit

Swapped the wheels for some genuine advans

Got the centre console back in the the dials wired in and a holder made from an old reg plate and some black vinyl

Wired the switch in for the folding mirrors

So in the next few week ir should be going to Wardy for the exhaust making then it can go to rs tuning to be mapped!

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Yesss, progress! Also I may have someone who can do paintwork cheap cheap cheap, im gonna see what job he does on mine first if youre interested.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by misterjake View Post
    Yesss, progress! Also I may have someone who can do paintwork cheap cheap cheap, im gonna see what job he does on mine first if youre interested.
    Well my current options are keep it as it is or rattle can the wings red so cheap paint sounds good haha

Rides
    Another update!!

I had a fiddle with the adaptor plate for the air filter and got it to sort of fit

I then got the power fc controller mounted on the dash, I just used a couple of strips of number plate stickers

Next up was sorting the wheels, they are all in poor condition with paint flaking off etc but they will do for now. However one was half coated in plasti dip which someone had sanded before applying it so it didn't want to peel off. I ended up sanding it off so had to repaint the wheel I just did a quick temporary job and painted it to match the rest which turns out to be Ford Mercury Grey!

And there she is off to see Wardy of Apw engineering to get the exhaust made 😀

Rides
    Well it's been a while....

The car has been right at the bottom of a long list of stuff that needed my attention

So since I last updated this ive got married, had a daughter replaced the roof on the house, rewired half of it and plastered the upstairs along with plenty of decorating and gardening!

But there has been a little bit of progress on the Nissan!

After it returned from having its exhaust made it still didnt run right so I decided to strip down the inlet and found some stripped threads causing an air leak
    The fuel lines needed to be replaced
    I added a larger angle to the intake pipe to hopefully avoid problems with the top mount disturbing the airflow of the maf
    And other than that its been sat on axle stands in the corner of the garage!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Engine bay is still looking great, good to see you’re back on it too... congrats on the marriage and the birth of your daughter
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue