Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My S15 Shpec S thread

Rides

My S15 Shpec S thread

This thread is about 4 years overdue, so I'll start it off with a video I made yesterday with my new GoPro

I plan on doing a lot with the car this year, and I'll update this with progress so far and plans going forward... Have an NCT re-test this evening, so we'll see how that goes first...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ConorS15 View Post
    Have an NCT re-test this evening, so we'll see how that goes first...
    Good luck, and will look forward to more updates, looks to be in good shape. The black wheels really suit the body colour!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    Good luck, and will look forward to more updates, looks to be in good shape. The black wheels really suit the body colour!
    Cheers dude, yeah I like them black myself, but I need to get dishy ones for the front.

I haven't done very much with it over the past few years apart from enjoying driving it daily.

The main things I've changed since I got it are the exhaust back-box, the wheels, removed the rear wiper, and then just kept it on the road and enjoyed it. Colin had it set up nicely by the time I took it, but it still needs to get some boooosht! Plan is to get that sorted when we get back from Japan in April this year.

A couple of shots I took when I first had it:

So I went and bought some GTR's for the front and GTR-D's for the rear, but now I wish I'd bought GTR-D's for all round. Would like the same poke on the front as it has on the rear because I like how the rear sits...

Spongebob has been hanging out there a while, must swap him out...

Played around with a few different wraps and sticker bombing on the inside:

And a handbrake button, blurry here:

more stickers... they're gone now though, brushed metal wrap on it instead.

Kinda miss the stickerbomb tbh!

Got pretty close in Forza 3:

What else...

I changed the stock steering wheel for a Personal one with a quick release hub. Nice peace of mind when you have your wheel in your apartment. Dublin's full of car thieves.

Wrapped the boss in some CF looking fabric. Think it looks a bit nicer than the standard plastic:

Managed to get the sticky stuff off the sides since (between rear wheels and door)

Got me some HIDs

Birds eye view

A rare sight

Girlfriend got me a GoPro for Christmas

And finally, I got a Chargespeed front bumper for myself a while back, but haven't put it on yet because I've been relying on the car daily to get me to work. I need to get a bunch of rust spots sorted so I'm going to get this painted at the same time:

Always loved the front of this, so hopefully it'll look similar (minus the FMIC for now)

Apart from that, I'm doing my first track day this Sunday at Mondello. It's half grip, half drift. I'll have a go at the drifty part if it's wet but I'll need a suitable diff soon. I plan on keeping it as a road car but using it for a bit of drifting too.

Sorry about the messy post, but I just thought I better start a project thread

Edit:

This is the amount of space I have to work with at the moment, and have had for the past 3-4 years, so believe me when I say once I get a garden I'll be making up for serious lost time!!

Last edited by ConorS15; 03-02-2014 at 21:39.

Rides
    The birds eye view looks so good!S15's are soooo pretty!

Rides
    I've to change oil and rear pads this evening so I'll get some more recent pics. Front bumper has some cable ties holding parts of it on at the moment. Had too much fun in the rain

Rides
    Looks good, but I think I prefer the Trial bumper to the Chargespeed one...

Rides
    Trial bumper is fine but I've had it nearly 4 years and fancy a change. Some people love it and some hate it. I go through phases of both.

Edit: It'll be for sale soon if you want one cheap
    Last edited by ConorS15; 04-02-2014 at 11:10.

Rides
    Drop a det engine in. I did and you wont regret it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by joey200sx View Post
    Drop a det engine in. I did and you wont regret it
    That's the plan dude! Except myself and the gf are headed to Japan next month, so the money I had saved for the conversion now needs to be used for that instead. Once we get back it'll be priority number one.

Rides
    I have all the pin outs to wire in everything including wipers and speedo . Drop me a pm when you are doing it and ill look out my stuff

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by joey200sx View Post
    I have all the pin outs to wire in everything including wipers and speedo . Drop me a pm when you are doing it and ill look out my stuff
    Thanks dude but I definitely won't be doing it myself. Refer to photo above of my single underground parking space

I'm hoping to give someone the car and get it done, although nobody seems too eager to take it on either

Rides
    I never sent you that PM Jomo Engineering 0449376700 / 0877983627 (John Staunton)

Looks great Conor I've an empty garage if you ever need the extra space but I am a fair bit away from you

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial_S15 View Post
    I never sent you that PM Jomo Engineering 0449376700 / 0877983627 (John Staunton)

Looks great Conor I've an empty garage if you ever need the extra space but I am a fair bit away from you

Thanks Colin! Would he be a good lad for conversions? Cheers for the offer, but distance would be a bit of a pain in the ass alright!

Rides
    He's the guy I was telling you about at the xmas drinks in Lanigans. He talked me out of doing it when I was saving for it but he is more than capable (he has been building time attack and Irish touring cars for years).

Rides
    He's the guy I was telling you about at the xmas drinks in Lanigans. He talked me out of doing it when I was saving for it but he is more than capable (he has been building time attack and Irish touring cars for years).
    haha, what was his reasoning? I got his details from you when you gave me the car for geometry setup etc.

I was on to Stiv, WKD and GripFab re doing the engine work, but I think I need to go up to one of them and hand them a couple of grand in cash before they'll actually look for one. I've no problem doing that once I have the couple of grand to spare, but the couple of grand I have at the moment is now going to be spent on the surprise trip to Japan that herself got me for my 30th

Rides
    Stop rubbing it in about your Japan trip yeh bollix!

Car looks mint by the way

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Stop rubbing it in about your Japan trip yeh bollix!

Car looks mint by the way
    lol sorry dude Thanks, hopefully I'll have a bunch of updates for this thread this year

Rides
    Quick update - put a welded diff in this on Saturday and hit up Mondello for a 1/2 grip, 1/2 drift, track day. Loved it. Wish I welded it years ago. Clunk-clunk-clunk-clunk

Need to learn how to initiate with the handbrake next. Got a load of GoPro footage, will edit something together this evening

Yay - my first drifty pic

Last edited by ConorS15; 10-02-2014 at 13:10.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ConorS15 View Post
    haha, what was his reasoning? I got his details from you when you gave me the car for geometry setup etc.

I was on to Stiv, WKD and GripFab re doing the engine work, but I think I need to go up to one of them and hand them a couple of grand in cash before they'll actually look for one. I've no problem doing that once I have the couple of grand to spare, but the couple of grand I have at the moment is now going to be spent on the surprise trip to Japan that herself got me for my 30th
    He thought it was a bit of a waste on such a clean and straight car and told me to plough the money into a track only car instead (stripped out caged K10 micra + SR20VE + ITB's )
    Then the next time I was down he said to forget the micra and go with a supercharged Audi V8 in the Silvia - I obviously never got the money together for either
    AFAIK he will do the swap for you but I don't think he will source an engine for you, first port of call before you get an engine off anyone though is to see if Socky is using JP's old one

Edit;
    Looking forward to the videos
    Last edited by Trial_S15; 10-02-2014 at 14:03.

Rides
    He thought it was a bit of a waste on such a clean and straight car and told me to plough the money into a track only car instead (stripped out caged K10 micra + SR20VE + ITB's )
    Then the next time I was down he said to forget the micra and go with a supercharged Audi V8 in the Silvia - I obviously never got the money together for either
    AFAIK he will do the swap for you but I don't think he will source an engine for you, first port of call before you get an engine off anyone though is to see if Socky is using JP's old one

Edit;
    Looking forward to the videos

Thanks dude. Socky said he still has it alright, but I can't afford anything till we get back from Japan and save a few quid again so it's on hold for the minute. Torn between SR20 and RB20

Will keep you updated!

You can see I attached those 2 horns you gave me, haha. They're way louder than the stock ones