Thread: Front wheel bearing help

Rides

Front wheel bearing help

Am in the process of swapping over a front wheel hub. Fairly easy so far but on nipping up new hub, it doesn't move freely. It looks like the abs ring is fouling on the dust guard. No significant differences in the hubs or knuckles. Replacement hub ran fine on its own upright but don't really want hassle of changing the whole upright. What have I done or am I missing something?

Oh and this is why I needed to change it...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kepr3djzvg..._132827688.jpg

Any advice appreciated.

Rides
    I don't think it's meant to split open to reveal the bearing like that, your newer hub could be coming into contact to all the crap left by your old rusty looking bearings there in the picture, a replacement hub assembly comes with it all sealed up. And from what I've read online and what a local bearing company told me, the bearing itself can't be changed therefor needing a whole new hub/bearing assembly, I've seen guys on here talking about these, http://www.frsport.com/FRSPORT-1170-...S_p_60061.html if this is any use to you, if you look at the pics of these you cannot see the internal bearings

Rides
    Cheers Nicky. I inadvertently opened up the replacement bearing and took opportunity to take the photo. All back together now and running sweet. I've put it down to excessive corrosion on the dust guard which I've now cleaned up. Still unsure why the original hub ran OK, albeit rumbly, where the replacement hub was rubbing. We're only talking about 1-2mm but it was enough to stop it moving when tightened up.