Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Militant Cyclists. Now I want to check I was in the right

Rides

Militant Cyclists. Now I want to check I was in the right

Last night I was in the city centre of bath ( if you can call it that! ) and a family with a push chair was crossing on the puffin crossing.

They were already established on the crossing but had just passed my side of the road onto the otherwise where the car on that side of the road had also crossed.

In this situation I always stop. They are on the crossing and I’ve always thought that is correct.

Moments after stopping I see a bloke on a mountain bike steaming towards the back of my car, and he decided to bump into the back of it. Fairly large jolt followed by him screaming at the car and giving me the fingers – What a twat, thought nothing of it and drove off. Only for him to come along side me at the next set of traffic lights and start banging my roof and driver’s side window.

He changed his tune when 6,2 and 22 stone unravelled itself from the car to educate him. But I hate road rage stuff and I just educated him – “ do you have a driving licence ?”.... “no”... I can’t be arsed to go into the conversation that ensued but the rage fell and he pedalled away

Anyway – got back in the car and thought. Hang on a minute was I in the right.

Rides
    Personally yes if one of the family members was to run back and u taken off u would of hit them and been in the shite, u did the right thing, perhaps his lycra pant where too tight this morning

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rides
    There is no grey area, If there are pedestrians on the crossing, then NO vehicles can proceed. NO argument!

The only time a vehicle can proceed is if there is an island in the middle, so it is then effectively two seperate crossings.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    like all road related items, if there are pedestrians in the road it's not ok to run them down

Rides
    it's common courtesy to stop, I hope you explained common courtesy to the cyclist as you let his tyres down
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Shock horror, a cyclist being a total nob.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Surely this is the same as being rear ended by another car. If you get hit it is their fault no matter what because they should have been paying attention.

Rides
    Crossing in question

View Larger Map

Rides
    Firstly, yep as mentioned above you have to allow pedestrians to fully cross before moving off, secondly, even if you weren't stopped for that reason he can't just crash in to the back of your car

Rides
    Also, regardless of whether you were right or wrong to stop (you were 100% right of course), some one steaming into the back of you is entirely there fault as you always should have a stopping distance... regardless of car/bike/pram it doesnt matter.

Fvcking cyclists, you should be allowed to run them down.

Rides
    Don't worry he'll get splattered before long like all 'good cyclists' do

Just for LOLZ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZoLD...eature=mh_lolz

Rides
    I have watched that a couple of times and at first i thought the car driver was being a monumental dick, but on subsequent viewing i am not too sure.
    The teg clearly pulls to the left for a stationary car in his lane after seeing the car in the left hand lane pull off, he waits until the first biker is past on his left.
    The mong with the big attitude is in the middle lane behind the teg, so the teg is not actually pulling into his lane. The biker is at fault here.

Ok the teg appears to stand on the anchors, or may not - i dont know if he is just slowing down for the biker in front or not.... one way or other the twat who crashed deserved what he got.

Rides
    How did he manage to ride into the back of you?

He was either going way too fast or he must be retarded. Or both.

Rides
    Was he massively overweight? I get a car not being able to stop due to mass, but a cyclist... really?!

Rides
    When they jump red lights at Pedestrian crossings, I like to kick them

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotaro View Post
    Was he massively overweight? I get a car not being able to stop due to mass, but a cyclist... really?!
    Brakes on a road bike aren't fantastic actually

Rides
    LOLZ indeed

In other news, Batman and Robin fall out...
    http://youtu.be/IhqskpKQbOo

A bit of tag team action...
    http://youtu.be/TagpAhGOj3c

Some people have serious issues...
    http://youtu.be/cWeHNjKTpog

Rides
    First one - what the hell
    Second one - love the guy that just casually mauls over his bike
    Third one - pinball cyclist

Rides
    I am into both my cars and my mountain bikes, so I get really f**ked off when I see either side behaving like twats. I have damn near been knocked off my bike by a road-racer cyclist, who told me to get a real bike as he screamed past.

I reckon it's about time cyclists were punished for riding dangerously, just as a driver would be.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rd_jon View Post
    I am into both my cars and my mountain bikes, so I get really f**ked off when I see either side behaving like twats. I have damn near been knocked off my bike by a road-racer cyclist, who told me to get a real bike as he screamed past.

I reckon it's about time cyclists were punished for riding dangerously, just as a driver would be.
    I'm totally with this. Got thousands of pounds of bikes, yet I still get pissed off with cyclists. Everyone keeps going about how many cyclists die in London as if it's everyone else's fault, but, watching them, cyclists ride like ****s.