Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what BMW forum?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by donnylad View Post
    oh why did i start looking at volvo estates :/ totally stuck with what to do now!
    You gotta be kidding, mind and get a pipe and slippers while your at it.

My coupe has a good sized boot for the type of car, it took my boxed 50" plasma last year with the seats down so its pretty good.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    You gotta be kidding, mind and get a pipe and slippers while your at it.

My coupe has a good sized boot for the type of car, it took my boxed 50" plasma last year with the seats down so its pretty good.

still contemplating fixing the rover, pricing up jobs at the min and will know more at the end of the day. i will have to borrow to finance the new car, so i may end up fixing and waiting for 18 months and buying out right.

this is the problem with time off work, to much time to sit looking at cars and bits and bobs!

Rides
    Do you really need a diesel? At 6000 miles a year its only going to give you a £200-ish saving over the petrol. Petrol is going to be cheaper to buy and a lot less to go wrong.

Rides
    You dont look at the 330d from a mpg point of view (even though its good), you look at it from a hooning point of view
    And its very very good at that, imho a fair bit more interesting than the petrol version.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by frisbee View Post
    Do you really need a diesel? At 6000 miles a year its only going to give you a £200-ish saving over the petrol. Petrol is going to be cheaper to buy and a lot less to go wrong.
    i dont mean to sound abit thick here, but i said that to my wife the other day then worked it out and got alot more higher figure then what i thought.

so a 330D at 37MPG average

6000 miles / 37 = 162 gallons x 4.54 to get litres = 736 x 1.37 a litre = £1008

now a 330ci at 25 mpg average

6000 miles / 25 = 240 gallons x 4.54 = 1089 x 1.28 a litre = £ 1394

1394-1008 = 386 per year

i suppose thats not to bad, when i did it last time i did it at 40mpg and 20mpg giving me inflated figures!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    You dont look at the 330d from a mpg point of view (even though its good), you look at it from a hooning point of view
    And its very very good at that, imho a fair bit more interesting than the petrol version.
    I would have to drive both, I find a lot of powerful diesels have a horrible over sensitive initial throttle response and then just seem to leave you hanging. But then some big petrol engines just hate revs.