Thread: Dogs

Rides

Dogs

Anybody own a Belgian shepherd or a Dutch shepherd or know anybody who does. Reading on the internet they are supposed to be a handful but would like to know from non working lines . police ,security and military.

Rides
    I work with quite a few dog handlers who own them and they love them. They are a lot of work but so is any big dog like that, you can't just nip them out for a 5 minute walk every day and think that's enough. If they're not entertained they will entertain themselves and this normally involves destroying and chewing anything they can find.

Good bits about them are they're very loyal and very easy to train, they like to please so are very easy to train as they are working dogs, whether they come from a working line or not.

I've got a German shepherd cross and a husky and they are worlds apart, the gsd would put the kettle on if he could where as the husky barely comes back when called.

Rides
    Thanks for the info. I've had a GSD before but can't really compare them. I need it for family protection and it looks like it will be either of the two.