Thread: problems with aerokit ps13 vented wings

Rides

problems with aerokit ps13 vented wings

Has anyone else had problems with the fitment of the frp aerokit vented wings?
    I purchased a set and they are becoming a right ball ache to fit, the lines don't match the bonnet, the arches need to be lifted by approx 15mm to sit level with the bonnet and so on.

At almost £200 a set I would of expected a little less hassle in fitting.

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced similar problems?

Rides
    Why not take some pics then contact Aerokit !

Rides
    I got them from perfect body kits on eBay but they were aerokit items. I have already left feedback as I bought them months ago but only got around to fitting this week as I never had the bonnet to line it all up!
    I just wondered if anybody had experienced a similar problem

Rides
    to be honest ive never had a single fibreglass part that was a perfect fit, the always need modding. if the are so far out maybe theyve been sat in a warehouse or something and warped so try contacting the manufacturer as said.
    i used to repair caravans for a living and we always had to chop and modify stuff to fit and those were parts direct from the manufacturer!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Micraplay View Post
    to be honest ive never had a single fibreglass part that was a perfect fit, the always need modding. if the are so far out maybe theyve been sat in a warehouse or something and warped so try contacting the manufacturer as said.
    i used to repair caravans for a living and we always had to chop and modify stuff to fit and those were parts direct from the manufacturer!
    ^^^ This!
    My buddy had a kit for his R33 from Knight Racer where the front bumper was 6 inches wider than the car and the side skirts were banana'd inwards! That was apparently from a brand new mould they had made and was "spot on".
    Chargespeed stuff is the best quality fibreglass panels I've seen that aren't custom made, my boss has a set of Chargespeed vented wings on his S14a that fit really well and had really even gaps all round with minimal tinkering. Only bad thing was the swage lines weren't as sharp as the standard swage so needed a tiny bit of shaping and filling to get it perfect.
    For £200 each I'd expect them to be spot on, but £200 a pair isn't a lot at all for 2 wings in my opinion.

Rides
    I've had a set of chargespeed wings on my 13 & my 14 & too be fair they were pretty much spot on.
    Haven't had eBay stuff but my rear overfenders are from srb & also fit sweet.

Rides
    my whole car is chargespeed stuff, its not bad, but still needed playing with and some modding to fit as well as i wanted

Rides
    I have rear aerokit overfenders and they fit quite good.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    I got them from perfect body kits on eBay but they were aerokit items.
    Perfect body kits have a Sawbridgeworth address and a Replikit email addy which is the old name for Aerokit (based in Sawbridgeworth). So although via ebay you actually bought direct from the manufacturers.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks