Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CHEAP resprays

Rides
    I done the prep myself willie to save myself some money but the actual painting was done by my backup bodywork guy, personally I regret not letting him do the prep work as painting is 75% about the prep !

I have a bodyshop I use for the garage and they do resprays for less than £1000 for a full proper respray, fully stripped, prepped, sprayed and finished and the work they do for that price is 100x better than any 5k paintjob I have seen, its all down to the person doing the work and how much they want to charge you, these guys enjoy what they do and they only charge what they need to to make a living they don't rip people off ! Where as there another bodyshop down the road that is utter shit but charges more than 5x the price ?

I will add the above guys don't do full resprays that often as they prefer jobs that can be in and out fast, they don't like having cars lying about

Rides
    It cost me just £200 to get this done (with a can of old paint he'd had lying about I quite liked) :

To:

It is obviously a little rough e.g. with a little paint hitting top of headlights etc, but i'm sure you could track down a cheapy job somewhere Mine was a chap in Hurlford near Kilmarnock...

Rides
    i can help dude, give me a shout if u are still looking to get this done.

K

Rides
    double post my bad

Rides
    K I've just sent you a text dude, sorry I didn't get back to you quicker. I've only just read this.

Thanks for your post Billy Marcus I''ll give you a shout if I get stuck matey!

Rides
    Do it yourself and buy the PlastiDip/Liquid Wraps.

No prep work to speak of and a reasonable finish.

If your car is a shed and going to be a track car a £500 paint job is possible-ish BUT I would suggest never to use a pressure washer on the car again.

Whereas the Plastidip would give a not bad finish and you'd not be embarrassed to drive it.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

There maybe a painter doing £1k jobs but enjoying his work and making a reasonable living is 2 totally different things.

Rides
    I imagine anyone will hit it with paint for £500 but as far as the prep goes good luck getting someone to do that as well as paint it for £500! prep work is where all the time and effort goes! Paint can be cheap, I bought u-pol cheap stuff and only cost £100 for the paint and hardner, just a straight gloss and job done!
    Last edited by j13-lek; 15-01-2014 at 11:14.