Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHEAP resprays

Rides

CHEAP resprays

Sup guys,

Does anyone know any half decent painters in central Scotland that could paint a car for £500ish?

Ross

Rides
    what colour ? flat colour or metallic ? you supplying the paint/materials or would you want them supplied ?

Rides
    Have a look on driftworks there's a few people on there who are offering £500 paint jobs

Rides
    Gloss colour with no parts provided. No paint etc. No door shuts done either Marcus.

Thanks McLean - I've had a look but they're very far away

Rides
    Youll be lucky at that price man, very lucky.

Rides
    I've seen garages offering this price - should manage!

Rides
    Pm Me what your after mate !

Tommy

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    No such thing as a £500 respray unless you want an shed job that looks like **** all twice in the light.

If you want a £500 "no ****s given, its just a drift car" pain job bash on.

The supplies alone for painting a car will come in around £300.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    No such thing as a £500 respray unless you want an shed job that looks like **** all twice in the light.

If you want a £500 "no ****s given, its just a drift car" pain job bash on.

The supplies alone for painting a car will come in around £300.

I have to agree - £500 would really be a quick drift paint job that I wouldn't advise pressure washing.

Maybe something like plasti dip would be a better option as that give an iffy finish anyway

Rides
    Wullie my s13 has a sub £500 paint job ! don't get me wrong its not the same as a £2000 paint job but id never spend that sort of money on something like that !

If your stuck mate give me a shout and ill see what my painter can sort for you !

Rides
    No worries Marcus, cheers mate!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus23 View Post
    Wullie my s13 has a sub £500 paint job ! don't get me wrong its not the same as a £2000 paint job but id never spend that sort of money on something like that !

If your stuck mate give me a shout and ill see what my painter can sort for you !
    I want in on that deal! Lol

Rides
    If you get a garage that will respray a car for 500 GBP, then you're going to get a bad job.

Compare it to wanting a PS4 but only having 200 GBP in your pocket. You can't afford it. So you wouldn't buy half a PS4.

Rides
    Why get it done on the cheap? Pay a proper price and get a guaranteed good job with warranty!

Rides
    avoid dalcross bodyshop, charge very good money (circa 2k) and do a shite job. My mate took his car back for three full resprays before he was remotely happy n tbh its still not great.
    Most serious bodyshops concentrate on insurance jobs only now unfortunately, ive found this to be a big problem in the past.. For 500 its going to be a shit blowover no matter how you slice it, id expect to pay that for two panels.

Rides
    £2k is not very good money for a decent respray, it's an expensive blow over or a cheap paintjob. Stripping a car down to do a good paintjob takes a lot of time, prepping a car to get a good finish takes even longer, good quality materials are expensive, add it all up and a good paintjob is not cheap, EVER.

Alex B

Rides
    It was very good money for what he got, peeling paint, fading, awful matches on panels, missed areas.
    orange peely as **** now on the third job but ok from a few meters. Sand and blow with no door shuts on a tiny hatch.
    Fully loaded cars look on camera like they do good work, but doubt youd walk away with change from 5k.

Rides
    Not everyone wants to spend that kind of money on paint tho ? and not everyone has that kind of money to spare ! I know I don't, all in my full respray probs cost me about £200 - 300 and I cant complain as im more than happy with it ! something like paint isn't at the top of my priorities when it comes to cars

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Marcus, did you not do all the prep and painting so in theory labour was free? To properly prep, paint and finish a car it takes time and that time is money. Call the average labour and overhead rate of a paint shop to be £40 an hour. With costs coming in at say £200, that leaves roughly 7.5 hours to strip, prime, paint and finish the car... thats not really alot of time TBH.

Rides
    It sounds like your mate got his pants pulled by an accident repair garage who are used to working on company cars that nobody really cares about.

My personal opinion is if paint quality isnt a priority buy a car in a colour you dont mind, thats not a dig at anyone, but paint can make or break the look and value of a vehicle.

As rubix says, a day to remove lights, bumpers, handles, windows etc, properly prep, paint, polish and rebuild is not doable, so somewhere in the system corners will be cut, and it will be noticable. £200 on materials os extremely tight too.

Alex B