Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Well here it is - The European Mustang !!!!!!

Rides
    Personally I like it, its an iconic car that is finally coming to the European market. The fact that people slate fords to the ground because german cars ect are "better" is personal opinion. The fact is that alot of the ford range are best sellers in europe seems to discredit this argument as if they are so crap why does everyone buy them.
    At the price this car will cost it will sell regardless of badge because you are uber cool if you drive a mustang. People seem to dismiss that it has a ford badge because mustangs are awesome.
    I personally think that it is going to be a very successful car and will hopefully lead on to even better things from fords.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by djdobson View Post
    Personally I like it, its an iconic car that is finally coming to the European market. The fact that people slate fords to the ground because german cars ect are "better" is personal opinion. The fact is that alot of the ford range are best sellers in europe.
    At the price this car will cost it will sell regardless of badge because you are uber cool if you drive a mustang. People seem to dismiss that it has a ford badge because mustangs are awesome.
    I personally think that it is going to be a very successful car and will hopefully lead on to even better things from fords.
    Does it even have a Ford Badge

EDIT: lol it doesnt, Mustang badges on grill and steering wheel, GT badge on the back
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Metaphorically speaking with the badge mark lol. My point is no one cares its a ford

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lhassall View Post
    Don't understand the excitement. Bloated, fussy design, predictably awful interior, fake rear diffuser
    RWD, 300bhp, LSD as standard, tuning potential, cheap - nope, nothing to get excited by there. I'll buy a Juke instead

Rides
    Yer i knew that, what just occured to me is there are no actual blue ovals on it. See what they did there Mustang is a brand all on its own so doesnt need the Ford badge so badge snobs can feel a little better not having to look at one
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Actually, I wonder if I'll be able to get any discount on one...

It's an entertaining prospect, I'm interested to see how they get on versus the relevant competition. If it's anywhere near as approachable as a GT86 dynamically it will sink that car I reckon...

Rides
    I am not convinced I am going to get a discount on one yet not at first anyway as i truely imagine the order list to be huge

If they dont make it part of the employee scheme i am going to go apeshit
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    RWD, 300bhp, LSD as standard, tuning potential, cheap - nope, nothing to get excited by there. I'll buy a Juke instead
    You forgot "manual, RHD and iconic".

I do wish Nissan had made this ...just so I didn't have to admit to Mark that Ford appear to have done something very good for a change

Rides
    lol

Just picked up a few A3 prints from reception, wonder how much i can get for them on ebay
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    lol

Just picked up a few A3 prints from reception, wonder how much i can get for them on ebay
    Going on recent event, you might make the list price of the car

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    Going on recent event, you might make the list price of the car
    Ha.

Rides
    How many of you have actually sat in one let alone driven one? (Obviously not talking about the 'new' one, but any of the most recent generation)

Providing we don't get truly shafted on pricing I'd have my name down at launch.

Whilst out on the West Coast of the US a few weeks ago I had a Challenger R/T, Mustang GT (5.0 V8) and a C6 Corvette. Out of that list the Mustang was the only one I'd ever recommend or want to have again. Sure the Corvette was quick, but the handling wasn't as great as I'd been led to believe the interior was appalling and the build quality er... Well I'm surprised it still functioned as a car! It made a TVR look like something that's been screwed together correctly

The interior of the Mustang wasn't that far off the German equivalents, certainly had a reasonable level of equipment and comfort and with the power going to the rear, an LSD and some muscle at the front what's not to like? Wasn't even too big or unwieldy to maneuver! In stock form also sounded much better than a Hemi or LS3. Plus having a play on the configurators last night made me sick how little they have to pay for these. Speccing one up with a 6 speed manual, 5 litre V8, the track pack with chunky Brembos a diff and Recaros with every interior option ticked worked out at £30k
    Last edited by Guy; 06-12-2013 at 11:07.

Rides
    Talking of sitting in one, What are the seats like Guy? up to the usual ST Recaro standard?
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Talking of sitting in one, What are the seats like Guy? up to the usual ST Recaro standard?
    They were more lounge type seats than anything sporty, but no complaints being in them for several hours. For anything vaguely sporting or spirited I'd opt for the proper Recaro option they have, which were in the Penske Mustangs that Hertz had. The standard ones were a cross between those that were found in the Mondeo ST220 and a lazyboy. Good for wafting round LA

Rides
    Visually? I bloody hope not

Rides
    To see where they have to price it lets look at the alternatives

For the 2.3T we have
    370Z - 328bhp prices start at £27k
    435i - 310bhp prices start at £41k
    S5 - 333bhp Prices start at £42k
    F Type V6 - 340bhp prices start at £51k

For the V8

RS5 - 450bhp, 60k
    C63 - 457bhp, 59k
    F Type S - 380bhp, 60k

Its not until you start looking about you realise there arent many alternatives that are non snobby badges. I am hoping they undercut the 370z with the 2.3T and if they bring the V8 in under 40k then it will be a bargain
    Mark is right.

Rides
    How much more life has the 370 got in it? Aren't we near the end of the lifecycle?
    I was under the impression that sales wise, it hadn't really been a roaring success - is there likely to be a replacement, or something more in the GT86 sector, as per their recent concepts?

Rides
    Yer by the time the Mustang hits the showrooms the 370Z will be dead Which only really leaves the GT86/BRZ which will definatly now need a turbo
    Mark is right.

Rides
    With the German cars though, you add a few sensible options and a 435 and S5 are suddenly knocking on the door of 50k. I know the sticker price is what gets people in the door but still!

That'll be another point as well, will it be similar to the Germans where the sticker price is "low" but then there are shit loads of options or similar to a GT86 where there are 3 options (paint, nav, leather) and you can't really stray from the basic price too much?

Personally I hope for the latter...

Rides
    Can't stand the options list thing. It makes it so bloody complicated it's almost enough to single-handedly put me off buying a new car