Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Well here it is - The European Mustang !!!!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Although its the 2015 model i think it should be available next year, probably the latter half.

and yes its still RWD lol. Ford tried that before and nearly got lynched my the Mustang OC
    This is fantastic news, I cannot wait to go and see one. If the V8 does make it to Britain this is the car for me.

Rides
    i hope this doesnt go the way of the other yank tanks and be about the same in £'s as it is in $'s

looks awesome though.

Rides
    Yer the 2.3 is a basically a bigger version of the 2.0 thats in my ST and of course turned 90 degrees. i am confused about the V6 as well, i thought it was going to be a turbo as well and be around 350bhp but in the press release I got this morning thats not the case unless its a typo. The Official launch is due at midday and being streamed live to all employees so I will watch it and report back any other details.

Pricewise, its rumoured to start at £28k, if thats true then i will definatly be looking at them when i replace the ST
    Thought the Ecoboost V6 was supposed to be the N/A V8 replacement? Does seem bizarre offering an N/A V6 alongside a turbo I4 which is putting our more performance. Unless it's just for the tossers who refuse to have a 4 cylinder in their muscle car in the US. Of which I imagine there are many...

Rides
    Ok, we are not getting the V6, that the US only. So UK models will be 2.3 4 pot turbo and NA 5.0 V8, Goes on sale in the US in April but we may not get it till early 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    Thought the Ecoboost V6 was supposed to be the N/A V8 replacement? Does seem bizarre offering an N/A V6 alongside a turbo I4 which is putting our more performance. Unless it's just for the tossers who refuse to have a 4 cylinder in their muscle car in the US. Of which I imagine there are many...
    Yes that was the vibe Ford were giving out, obviously the did a Focus group and the Yanks still are not prepared to give up their V8s just yet
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Yah-boo to 2015. I may have to move abroad so I can get a left-hooker

Rides
    From the other reports that I've read, the V6 will a US only car - UK is getting the 4 pot 2.3 ecoboost (which is the mid range model, v6 is bottom!) and the v8.
    And yeah. RHD.

Prices rumoured to be starting in the late 20's/early 30's for the I4, and mid 30's for the V8.

I think it's great - What bemuses me is that someone is launching a V8, RWD coupe, and a no doubt very tuneable 2.3 turbo, and people are whinging? What's not to like?

Rides
    Who's whinging ?

Rides
    Damn straight!

Rides
    Looks good, as much as I love V8s I would have the 2.3 turbo and then tweak it. What have I just said.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Who's whinging ?
    Sorry, not on here - I meant on the various other forum threads I've stumbled across - 'doesn't look good enough', 'Mustang's shouldn't have a 4 pot', 'it will be too expensive', 'quality is bound to be crap' etc etc.

It should be applauded

Rides
    Someone on the employee blog has actually said it doesnt look radical enough !!!!

Some people are living on another planet.

currently listening to Bill telling us everything looks awesome in the future, just bring the cars out lol
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I like it. But as said the front lights look a little fairy-fied to me and I wonder if the V8 will sell much in UK/Europe

....Phone....

Rides
    I dont see why the V8 wont sell, its going to be a bargain basement F type/M3 IMO. The 4 pot will be the big seller though.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I hope they suffer the usual Ford depreciation so they are a grea buy at a few years old. I like it.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    I dont see why the V8 wont sell, its going to be a bargain basement F type/M3 IMO.
    Because I'd imagine the tax band will be hideous. And that never bodes well for comparitively low cost cars - because, it appears, if you save £20k by getting a V8 Mustang over an M3, then the extra £200 a year will be a deal breaker - people are idiots

The F Type is an interesting point, what with the 4 pot about to be introduced into the range!

Rides
    Really like the look of this

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Because I'd imagine the tax band will be hideous. And that never bodes well for comparitively low cost cars - because, it appears, if you save £20k by getting a V8 Mustang over an M3, then the extra £200 a year will be a deal breaker - people are idiots

The F Type is an interesting point, what with the 4 pot about to be introduced into the range!
    A 4-pot F-type NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

Rides
    I like, it but could/would only have it with the V8. It's a Mustang and needs the V8 sound track.

Rides
    I guess it depends on how lardy it is whether it will sell as a 4-pot turbo.

I had a V6 cooking model about 10 years ago and it was a nice car...even though it was an auto. Much better than your average yank tank. It did feel like you were sitting on the floor a bit as the bonnet was quite long and didn't slope away much so it "felt" like a big car.

This one looks more European in shape to me. As long as it doesn't feel big and clumsy and the 300/300 output allows it to get to 60 in less than 7 and will shove you from 50-80 nicely, I reckon it should sell.

It beats a GT86 as it has more oomph and, by the looks of it, isn't pretending to be a 4 seater.

RWD, turbo, good looks and a sensible price coupled with RHD make it a winner in my book.

Maybe its just me but I don't see a Mustang. I see a new S-chassis.