Thread: You clearly don't want my money...

Rides

You clearly don't want my money...

Now I don't usually do this sort of thing as phoning up brokers to get quotes is a pain and I usually go for the renewal quote you give me as I find it reasonable but having received your renewal quotation for my 2011 370z I think you're just taking the piss at £1,305... assume that includes my club membership discount! To be honest when I purchased the car back in August and amended my policy accordingly I also thought you were taking the pee at £250 for 3.5 months cover. But then that's just my personal opinion.

So for once I decided to get some quotes... so far £405 is the best I've received.

While I'm sure there are many factors behind the quote I've received and the need to make a profit I do question the quote I received from you.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ha ha ha, I had the same thing happen. Make sure you call to cancel many many days before your renewal date as they may well take the money anyway
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Yep, my renewal was £1400ish previous year £560.

They were able to bring the quote down to £600 in about 3 seconds though when I rang, not really the point though.

Like Chris said ring and stop it straight away. My renewal quote was automatically accepted and money was taken before they actually sent my renewal quote which was quite annoying!

P.s. Please don't ask me to pm you details dan, your a really nice guy but your company is a shower of shit.

Rides
    This is the reason iv never considered using them. They have never been able to give me a competetive quote and my multicar policy offers a much better rate than anywhere else!

Rides
    Good point regarding them renewing it automatically, last year they renewed it 4 days prior - will sort this tomorrow.

Not impressed.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I believe it's meant to be 3 working days but mine was taken early, making me go overdrawn
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Mine was over a bank holiday. Insurance ended on the wednesday and the money was taken the previous Tuesday, so 8 days before the end of the policy. Renewal letter landed on my door mat the day after they had taken my money.

Rides
    Avoid these bastards like the plague. I know exactly what you lot mean. Just search for my thread about Flux. The sooner everyone knows how these cnuts operate, the better.

Rides
    I always ask for auto renewal removed on taking out every policy, the best way.

I've always found FLux helpful over the years, I guess once an organisation gets this big though it becomes less uniform service unless done exceptionally well.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    As with you Scottie I've always found them to be helpful, I've used them for the last 7/8 years from memory. Anyway rang them this morning to stop the auto renewal etc, ended up on the phone for 30mins while they tried to bit the quotes I received so far, the best they could do was £900. I did ask why they couldn't offer me that in the first place and then declined the offer.

Rides
    30 minutes. lol.

30 minutes you'll never get back.

I'd have just kept repeating that what I wanted to do was to lapse the policy until they agreed to send me an email to that effect.

Did they make you supply all the personal and car details again ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_20085 View Post

They were able to bring the quote down to £600 in about 3 seconds though when I rang
    Insurance on a whole is one big scam, I still to this day believe the figures are pulled from a hat.

Rides
    Its almost genius how they work ... they use the same selling model that door salesmen use like Everest, but without the clever bit of actually making you buy

they 1st give you a ridiculous price ..... if you are stupid enough to pay this, then they get your money, but they want to call .. when you do, they give you an immediate discount, hoping that you will think ... WOW 505 off, what a great deal .... but they can do better .. however whilst you are on the phone they can try to get you to buy all the other crap like legal help, legal assistance, legal eagles, legal breakdown, legal house insurance, car cover, key cover etc

I am waiting the day when they will only sell you insurance if they 1st come round your house when you and the wife are in and start offering you buy it now this second for a 25% discount , but its for today only pressure selling

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    30 minutes. lol.

30 minutes you'll never get back.

I'd have just kept repeating that what I wanted to do was to lapse the policy until they agreed to send me an email to that effect.

Did they make you supply all the personal and car details again ?
    No but the girl on the phone was making an effort and said she would see what she can do... alas the fresh quote was no where near but she did make the point about the level of legal cover I'd have (which brings me to another question that I'll ask in another part of the forum). Then at the end asked if had other cars I'd like quotes on etc.

Rides
    Just to go against all the above, I've insured with AF for years, both the S14/S15 and the daily with no issues whatsoever. Guess I'm just lucky?