Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr Who

Rides

Dr Who

Apparently, and i might be wrong here, but there is a "big deal" on later tonight (23rd)

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    Is there, I hadn't noticed....

Actually can't wait though, I'll be tuning in.

Rides
    I'll be watching. Mot much of a fan of Smith but I do like Tennant, plus the 'Warrior Doctor' should be interesting.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Moffat has said that all the doctors regenerations should be shown at some point, so seeing as there is only one missing now you can kind of guess what to expect at the end of tonight's episode.

Was that a spoiler? Tuff

Rides
    Dr Who is the biggest pile of shite on tv second only to big brother or x factor!
    I would never have thought that anyone actually liked watching it. I am perplexed
    Last edited by Hachi Roku; 23-11-2013 at 18:07.

Rides
    And yet it moved you to enter a thread specifically titled and type several dozen characters about it.

Drwho is an institution, its one of only a few tv programs that have stood the test of time - Startrek is another.

So while you might not like it, a great deal of other folk do ... apparently.

Rides
    Funny article on the dailymash about the doc of who today..

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/a...n-200907291941

"Dr Who Fans Reminded That It's For Children"

Doctor Who producer Russell T Davies has once again reminded the show's ardent fans that it is actually for children.

Fans are concerned that as a time lord from Gallifrey the Doctor is restricted to 12 regenerations and therefore the show must end or the Doctor Who universe could collapse in on itself, destroying everything including Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica.

Roy Hobbs, a Whovianist from Peterborough, said: "By my calculations the rogue time lord will succumb to the Master in 2016, the same year he faced the Judoons in episode D184. This cannot be."

But Davies insisted: "How's about this? I've just decided that The Doctor can fire Angel Delight from his fingertips and is sexually attracted to suspension bridges. How did I do that? Because we're making it up as we go along.

"If you watch any third-rate comedian, he will pretend to like Knight Rider and Bazooka Joe bubblegum before talking about watching Doctor Who from behind the sofa as a child. As… a… child."

Davies stressed he has little interest in Doctor Who mythology and said obsessive fans should instead try to pinpoint the moment when their lives veered horribly off track.

He added: "I'm sick of having to discuss Tardis engineering with people who smell like damp sandwiches. I'm more into designer glasses and phallic symbolism."

Davies admitted the latest series will upset fans further as the Doctor travels to 1978 New York to help the Village People write 'YMCA' while being played by an actor who looks like Noel Fielding drawn on an Etch-A-Sketch."

Rides
    Well I enjoyed that.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!

Rides
    I confess to not watching Dr Who since the Tom Baker days, but I did watch tonight (well, recorded it and watched it just now).

I'm quite confused

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

I'm quite confused
    About?

Rides
    I quite enjoyed it. If you think about it too much, sure you can pick holes in the plot, but as pointed out, it's a kids program...

There was also a pretty interesting documentary about the show's origins on BBC2 on Friday night, which is worth a squizz on iplayer if you like that kind of thing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...nd_Doctor_Who/

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Went to the local cinema and watched in 3d. Brilliant.

Shock horror. Ste is using Tapatalk.

Rides
    I recorded the 3d version tonight on the BBCs new HD channel. I watched in HD last night. I also watched the after party and the ultimate guide. The watched the 5ish doctors on the red button which was And yes im a fan. I also spent all day yesterday at the Comic con at birmingham NEC which had loads of people dressed as dr who`s from the past.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Drwho is an institution, its one of only a few tv programs that have stood the test of time - Startrek is another.
    To be fair it was an absolute heap of shite when I was a kid (Sylvester McCoy)

Rides
    McCoys era was hardly brilliant, apart from remembrance of the daleks which was superb.

Rides
    Didn't understand any of it,but the effects were brilliant,and loved seeing all the Dr's in it

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    There's also the alternative '5(ish) Doctors' version on iPlayer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...octors_Reboot/

Rides
    So a few years later and... a big reveal.. the BBC has managed to pull off a massive box ticking gig.
    Yup they got almost the whole kit, a tickbox in ever segment.

Woman doctor
    Black chap
    Some random bird
    and old white duffer.

Well done, just need Davros to turn up and they have the chap in a wheelchair box as well.

And folk say the Beeb aint got an agenda.

Still gonna watch it though....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Apparently, and i might be wrong here, but there is a "big deal" on later tonight (23rd)

Soddin Zombie's
    I'm going like "How are people posting from the 24th and 25th!". Then I worked out this thread has been resurrected from 4 years ago to the day.

Rides
    I'm still quite confused.
    Just checked, and it isn't November yet.
    And for proper old skool, can I point out that Skyshack put an apostrophe in zombies :rage: Bristol man would be furious.