Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr Who

Rides
    Bwhahaha i honestly did not look at the date, i just found an old Doctor who thread and added a bit.

Jeebus i am going to put a lottery ticket on, either that or its some timey wimey stuff...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I confess to not watching Dr Who since the Tom Baker days, but I did watch tonight (well, recorded it and watched it just now).

I'm quite confused
    same here, Jon Pertwee was weird as a kid as he went from worzel gummidge (a living scare crow for you yoofs),
    with the line 'I love a cup of tea and a slice of cake' in every single episode to Doctor who?
    after tom baker I had bigger fish to fry in the form of my BMX and motorbikes or contraptions of a near certain death
    it makes zero sense to me know

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    same here, Jon Pertwee was weird as a kid as he went from worzel gummidge (a living scare crow for you yoofs),
    with the line 'I love a cup of tea and a slice of cake' in every single episode to Doctor who?
    after tom baker I had bigger fish to fry in the form of my BMX and motorbikes or contraptions of a near certain death
    it makes zero sense to me know
    OK I know we're all getting older, but either it's me in the parallel timeshift universe, or you.
    John Pertwee was regenerated as Tom Baker, long before Worzel and Aunt Sally came into being. "I need to put my thinking head on". I still use that

And, for the very unsporty kid I was, it remains a matter of personal pride that I won the BMX bike race for local cub scouts up and down Flappits Quarry in about 1984 .... on my Raleigh Strika.

Rides
    Whats the best bit about Tom Bakers reign .... Lalla Ward - Romana 2
    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...081-ward04.jpg

And while we are at it Peri had a couple of good reasons to be on screen as well with the 5th/6th Doc.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...9XNd4CXqOqhtOu
    Last edited by sideways14a; 23-10-2017 at 23:02.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    OK I know we're all getting older, but either it's me in the parallel timeshift universe, or you.
    John Pertwee was regenerated as Tom Baker, long before Worzel and Aunt Sally came into being. "I need to put my thinking head on". I still use that

And, for the very unsporty kid I was, it remains a matter of personal pride that I won the BMX bike race for local cub scouts up and down Flappits Quarry in about 1984 .... on my Raleigh Strika.
    must be me mixing up my memory's of the past ,I was never the same after the acid house raves in the late 80's
    and regardless of the vehicle a win is a win

Rides
    Both Jon and Andy seen to have more fecked up memories than me and that's saying something. Both Pertwee (70-74) and baker (74-79 ?) were 70s Doctors and BMX didn't take off in the UK till the 80s by which time I had moved to motorbikes, work and wives : ken:

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Both Jon and Andy seen to have more fecked up memories than me and that's saying something. Both Pertwee (70-74) and baker (74-79 ?) were 70s Doctors and BMX didn't take off in the UK till the 80s by which time I had moved to motorbikes, work and wives : ken:
    Yep from what I recall late 70's where Raleigh Grifters, they were all the rage with 3 gears!
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Yep from what I recall late 70's where Raleigh Grifters, they were all the rage with 3 gears!
    Raleigh Choppers were late 60s/early 70s, Grifters were mid/late-70s even early 80s. My little brother had one of the first ones around '75.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    And while we are at it Peri had a couple of good reasons to be on screen as well with the 5th/6th Doc.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...9XNd4CXqOqhtOu
    The image you were looking for
    http://basementrejects.com/wp-conten...ant-review.jpg

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    Aaaaah memories...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone View Post
    if it bring the price of fuel down Brown better be up a tree taking one up the arse
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Why?

If Dignitas gave you a discount for going early... would you?

Rides
    Yep thats the daddy...
    What a regeneration that was, its a wonder no6 was so grumpy when he came into this world faced with those mellons.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOldGit View Post
    Aaaaah mammaries...
    Ftfy

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk