Thread: Engine still ticks over for a few seconds after turning ignition off?

Rides

Engine still ticks over for a few seconds after turning ignition off?

Hi again

well I've now got the engine running in the new shell but weirdly the pump doesn't prime and when i turn the ignition off the engine still runs for a few seconds then dies?

When i turn the ignition off i can hear the fuel pump turning off so to me it sounds like there's still power getting to the coil packs and its just burning the fuel that's in the lines until it dies. What also make's me think this is the case is every time i start the car it takes a few turns to fire, as if its waiting for fuel to reach the rail.

could this be related to a wrong relay begin in which isn't stooping power getting to the ignition after i turn the key to the off position?

Rides
    Any 1?

Got in it today and stalled about 7 times. Went out to fire it up to let it run for a while and it won't start.
    What I now know is that the pump is priming when I turn the ignition off?? So think the car may now be fludded due to the amount of times the pump has primes from me trying to start it

Rides
    I'd check how you've got the relay for the pump wired.

To get over the flooding, use the "pulling out the fuel pump fuse" trick until it starts.

Rides
    Really getting fed up now
    Cars flooding quite bad, it also appears to be killing ignition relays
    Took a plug out to check for flooding (yes it flooded) so checked to make sure I was getting a spark and nothing. Replaced the ignition relay and I got a spark. Put everything back together and tried to start it. Nothing
    Again removed a plug, was flooded and NO spark. Replaced the ignition relay and I again had a spark but threw in the towel!

My options are either remove all the wiring from my old shell and wire it into this shell or get an auto electrician in to have a look