Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TOTB XIII 26th-27th July 2014

Rides
    we are discussing what to do at the moment re totb
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    There are a few issues with TOTB at the moment which is causing a lot of the normal contenders to wish not to take part.

Disappointingly the organisers are moving it away from previous years where it was an event aimed very much as it's name suggests, to find the best of the road going cars from all the clubs and forums. For the last few years, particularly last year they have interpreted the rules to such an extent there are cars competing not really in the spirit of it and more race than tuned road cars, with full aero etc.

This has caused a lot of people to not want to take part with a tuned road car, and I agree, what is the point of turning up in the spirit of it to stand no chance against things with huge wings on front etc.

We have nobody interested or with cars ready from the ones we need to be competitive. We have always added a few less competitive cars so drivers and people get experience, however we have no team to fill out this year.

I know some people may well go along to watch it, and there is nothing to stop it being a local event with ticket discounts etc, bbq and so on

I think it will be interesting what future direction TOTB takes, as last year the organisers fed us a pack of lies.

Rides
    That only really applies to the 4WD class, which is a bit of a joke in all fairness. RWD & FWD are open for anyone IMO. Look at the V8 TT Granada as a perfect case in point!

Rides
    I'd agree Scott they really need a more rigorous checking on the categories as most of the cars there last year should have been in the professional class but I think that only had 3 cars in it and they were the pure drag cars. The points should also get added up for all the disciplines (strip and sprint) that way the car is a good all rounder.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    I didn't have a problem with the Scooby running that 6 foot wing on his front end, but he should have been made to run it in the top speed and 1/4 mile as well.

Problem is, they don't want to annoy the tuners or they won't turn up and the show will die.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Noz View Post
    That only really applies to the 4WD class, which is a bit of a joke in all fairness. RWD & FWD are open for anyone IMO. Look at the V8 TT Granada as a perfect case in point!
    In RWD we have to go against a mini F1 car, is it Duncans with F1 style front wing etc?

Quote Originally Posted by EvoAnd View Post
    I'd agree Scott they really need a more rigorous checking on the categories as most of the cars there last year should have been in the professional class but I think that only had 3 cars in it and they were the pure drag cars. The points should also get added up for all the disciplines (strip and sprint) that way the car is a good all rounder.
    Yes, there needs to be greater distinction between the car classes.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanhands View Post
    I didn't have a problem with the Scooby running that 6 foot wing on his front end, but he should have been made to run it in the top speed and 1/4 mile as well.

Problem is, they don't want to annoy the tuners or they won't turn up and the show will die.
    The problem I have with the Scooby running a huge 6ft big gay wing on the bonnet is that it would not pass an MOT like that, and as you say he removed it for topd speed. It shouldn't be in a road class.

I think they are allowing this to happen thinking the more extreme cars will attract more spectators...but the event has been a fraction of itself for a number of years now, the extreme cars are great but should have their own classes without a doubt

There is a cracking event in there somewhere, but it really does need better organisers.

It also grates that they promise better facilties each year, but they then fail to hire even basic showers and sit their in their posh motor homes. It sums up their attitude to participants.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    In RWD we have to go against a mini F1 car, is it Duncans with F1 style front wing etc?

Is it a Dax or something?

Anyway the chap in the S13 BDC car was up against him in the final of the RWD class this year. He properly drifted the entire lap. Crowd loved it.

His time was pretty decent too.

Last edited by Kieran O'Quick; 28-07-2014 at 09:58.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Heh, they reckon they tried to grip the handling course but found they were getting better times drifting it

There was also apparently an F3 car entered into the RWD bit but it died
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Was a great day and the highlight for me was the cool S13 drifting around the handling course.

Agree that they have these kit type cars entered into the RWD class which doesn't make it fair for others.

Weather was great all day too.

Rides
    Had a awesome day driving my skid car Shame i only saw 1 other SX out there a grey s15? must try get to the weekender!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hpimad View Post
    Had a awesome day driving my skid car Shame i only saw 1 other SX out there a grey s15? must try get to the weekender!
    That was me I only ran on the Saturday but I wish I ran on the Sunday aswell!