Thread: Please help me confirm: ECU power wire/s and Killswitch

Rides

Please help me confirm: ECU power wire/s and Killswitch

Evening all, recently got a killswitch for the skid car.

As well as the main positive cable, I'd quite like it to kill the power to ECU as well (alternator should keep the car running if I just killed (isolated) the battery right..?)

I've had a look at the pin out for the 14a ECU in the sticky thread, but I'd just like to confirm, before I go near my ECU with the snips, which wire/s I should use.

As far as I can make out, I need to use wires 38 and 47..? Or is one of those positive and the other negative..? In which case, the positive one would do.

Thanks.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS13 View Post
    Evening all, recently got a killswitch for the skid car.

As well as the main positive cable, I'd quite like it to kill the power to ECU as well (alternator should keep the car running if I just killed (isolated) the battery right..?)

I've had a look at the pin out for the 14a ECU in the sticky thread, but I'd just like to confirm, before I go near my ECU with the snips, which wire/s I should use.

As far as I can make out, I need to use wires 38 and 47..? Or is one of those positive and the other negative..? In which case, the positive one would do.

Thanks.
    Just need to kill the ignition live one.

The concent live will die away as soon as you hit the switch as it kills all power from battery..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Thanks for the reply Clive.

There's four ignition signal wires according to the pin out... Any idea which one, or best to go poking around with my multi meter?