Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Ghosts. Anyone going to give it a go?

Rides

Call of Duty: Ghosts. Anyone going to give it a go?

I know the Forum is split down the middle with Lovers and Haters of the Infinity Ward Call of Duty series, and everyone knows the Treyarch Black Plops games are terrible... but who will be buying Ghosts?

I'll be picking my copy up at lunch

Nobody buys a COD game for it's single player mode, but the Infinity Ward Multiplayer IS fun so if you do buy it, look me up for some teabagging fun (360 - mcrearout).

Rides
    Pretty bored of COD now to be honest so I dont think I'll bother.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Way I see it, COD lost its way when it tried to ditch pc gamers for console... It was born and raised by PC and its PC gaming fans and COD1 and United offensive remain the best games in the series.. Single player was amazing on those and multiplayer even better. That said I am tempted by it for as you say multiplayer is a hoot.

Rides
    The only time I enjoy the COD games is by playing co-op with a mate. I may get it purely for this as I have hours of fun in this mode. Treyarch do the Zombies which is fun, but Infinity Ward still do the Co-op against the computer where you fight "waves" of enemies.

I hope the new COD still has this feature

Rides
    Apparantly 'Quick-scoping' has been removed, too.

Rides
    COD 4 was the last decent game in the COD series, now it's just aimed at 13 year olds on their XBOX's, and as a PC gamer I've bought BF4 instead.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    COD 4 was the last decent game in the COD series, now it's just aimed at 13 year olds on their XBOX's, and as a PC gamer I've bought BF4 instead.
    This. Enjoyed the multiplayer on this one, but not really on any of the others. Single player was much better too. I might buy it when it is cheap.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by McRearout View Post
    Apparantly 'Quick-scoping' has been removed, too.
    Yeah and they said that with MW3, will believe it when I see it......

Rides
    13 year olds make for easy canon-fodder. I often play with a group of 'adults' (in age ) so it's not all 13 year old kids.
    I'm 37
    I tried Battlefield but found it really annoying. I put that down to it being on the 360 and not a PC. I want to have 'fun' when I'm playing and that is what COD gives you. And I like to get 30+ kills regularly Plus BF doesn't have a throwing knife. And saying 'stick around' in a bad Arnie voice, never gets boring during the final killcam

Rides
    Well, I picked this up yesterday afternoon and have squeezed in about 10 games.
    It feels more like Black Plops than Modern Warfare. Everything has a cartoony hue to it, the maps are big, but are overly fussy, and the weapons and movements have lost the feeling of weight and punch. No quickscopers though, and the sniper rifles seem a bit quicker and user friendly. Loads of dropshotters and corner campers, but that always happens with new maps. Will see how it goes....

Rides
    Cod 4 was the last decent one for the PC, Cod 2 was the best one they did!

Won't be buying this! Although the graphics do look good

Rides
    I was sending someone to purchase it on my behalf until I saw your mini review mcrearout!

I might just stick with Mw3 then.

Rides
    I'll probably pick it up eventually to play the Single Player story, Infinity Ward are my favourite COD games but i am a BF convert for online now

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCarter200 View Post
    Pretty bored of COD now to be honest so I dont think I'll bother.
    This, the single player campaign is a joke and the multi-player stuff is just boring.

It's a game for kids.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JulesS14200 View Post
    I was sending someone to purchase it on my behalf until I saw your mini review mcrearout!

I might just stick with Mw3 then.
    I'll keep you updated after a few more games. One map stands out as the prettiest and least fussy, and it's a big wide map around a ruined Scottish Castle.
    Once I'd purchased the MK14 and ditched the sniper scope for a red dot I began to get some good kills
    I'm hoping that after a few patches to iron out some of the glitches, it'll come good.
    Some of the maps are just utterly chaotic though. I hate being shot in the back by someone sat in a corner when I'm trying to learn the maps, but in the game's defence, that does happen in every online shooter known to man when everybody is new to it.

Having a dog run around with you as a killstreak is quite cool, but not so cool when you get malled by one after filling it with 10 bullets.

There are quite a few lag issues at the moment (there always are to begin with) and the thing that bugs me the most is that they have ditched the connetion signal indicators and you now can't see if the lobby is worth playing in or not. With the Modern Warfare Games, you knew there was no point playing if the lobby was filled with 2 or 3 bar players. Now you can't tell.

They have also changed the player mechanics; speeding everything up - like climbing, running, vaulting and dropping a little bit, and now it feels a bit like Battlefield 3. They've somehow managed to remove that 'weighty', real feel from it all.
    Last edited by McRearout; 05-11-2013 at 10:17.

Rides
    The biggest problem with the recent COD games is lag, due to ditching (stupidly) dedicated servers on PC. I found MW2 lagged constantly, but had been 'smoothed out' in game. You could tell the lag was there still though, meaning the hitboxes were well off. (And no, it wasn't my connection or pc, as they're both fine and play other games perfectly.)

Rides
    Ah dogs. They gave me the shivers in World at War when I got mauled. Think I will buy it. I can stay in at the weekend then which saves money

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    The biggest problem with the recent COD games is lag, due to ditching (stupidly) dedicated servers on PC. I found MW2 lagged constantly, but had been 'smoothed out' in game. You could tell the lag was there still though, meaning the hitboxes were well off. (And no, it wasn't my connection or pc, as they're both fine and play other games perfectly.)
    The only time it became a problem in MW3 is if it made you the host (happens a lot to me due to Virgin fibre optic with great ping) giving you bad lag compensation, or if there were any Europeans in the lobby. I'd just leave the lobby and find a good one, or quit and rejoin the same game, making some other sucker host

Rides
    Gave in and bought this

Been a good couple years since i played a COD game online

Rides
    Ghost servers are down!
    Just went to try online play and I can't because servers are not available.