Thread: Wire gauge question

Rides

Wire gauge question

What gauge wire should I use to wire up side repeaters??? I have found some on egay that is available in various amp ratings etc it says its a flat 2 core cable which is fine but not sure which one to buy!!!

Rides
    Side indicator repeaters use typically 5W 5Watts , or maybe 10W or at a push 21W.
    All are less than 2A 2Amps, so only a very thin wire is required.

Rides
    Ok cool

Also I'm taking the feed for the side repeaters from the bumper ones would that cause any problems with fuses etc? I have no loom in place for the side repeaters so making it up as best I can lol

Rides
    Aah, now that will depend.

The fuses won't be bothered, but the flasher relay unit can get confused, if the resistance in the circuit is wrong.
    And, I'm not sure myself what the standard layout is.

Normal, would be a 21W bulb at the back, a 21W bulb at the front, and a 5W bulb in the side repeater.
    I'm assuming they are all wired in parallel as standard , which (my GCSE Physics from 20years ago is struggling a bit) I think makes about 4Ω resistance in the circuit.

If you deviate far from that, for example by using LEDs instead of bulbs, or wiring in series instead of parallel, the flasher unit will misbehave, usually by flashing faster.

I'm sure someone can explain a lot better than me, or even just say Yes or No